PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle, one last hunt before checkout

cdv
09-05-2011, 04:42 AM
Well, sadly I'm home now, no low tide today for me. Yesterday, I was out at 4am for the 7am low tide. I like working the shore at night, so peaceful and there is enough light from the hotels normally to see where you are going (no moon while I was there). I can even see shadows in the water from the teen agers that never sleep at night. Anyway, didn't do that great but did manage to pick up ring #11 for the week so after giving back the diamond cluster ring I found the previous day, I came home with 10 rings for the week. This last ring was a Tungsten Carbide, boy they sure do look nice but would look better in a shade of yellow. In addition to the ring, I picked up a hoop earring that was 925 to my amazement.

The additional picture I have posted is of a chain I found Friday morning but forgot to post. It is encrusted and seems to have some sort of thing hanging from it... I'll try electrolysis to clean it up today... probably a stainless chain but hard to say what is inside...

aloldstuff
09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Heck of alot of rings there. It was a pleasure reading your posts.

cdv
09-06-2011, 04:39 PM
[quote=aloldstuff link=topic=6992.msg81624#msg81624 date=1315321312]
Heck of alot of rings there. It was a pleasure reading your posts.
[/quote

Glad you enjoyed them.... Sadly though I'll have to wait a few months now until I get a chance to go back... of course, I could give up hunting season to hunt in the sand... hmmmmmm

>8)

Schrecky
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Sounds like you had a fantastic vacation, way to go

JTGOLD
09-11-2011, 11:42 AM
nice tungsten and silver.wtg.