PDA

View Full Version : relic hunt with good friends

del
01-23-2010, 08:07 PM
well George and i met up with John M from the forum (haven't detected with him in ages it seems) to hit the same cellar George and i hit last weekend .it was pretty cold this morning and the Dfx just don't like the nippy temps and for the first couple of hours it was acting erratic but settled down . i must have had about 10 to 12 great coin sounding targets today :grin: :yes: and after about my 5th or 6th one ( and still no coin) i knew it was going to be one of those days ( copperless) and i was right :bangahead01: :ticked: :bangahead01:. just relics except for a pitiful beat up indian with no date . i did get some really cool things though like a musket stock plate and trigger guard , couple of horse rosettes, a nice colonial plated spoon , a funiture escutcheon plate with heart motifs but my find of the day was a pretty decent New York Militia button that dates from 1805-1830 .

it was a very good day to get out with friends that share a common interest , thanks for looking all.

Dan

coinnut
01-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey, some pretty good relics. But will we ever get away from them &quot:grin: buckles. I hate them things lol almost as much as ox knobs. Couple of good keepers and a great button thumbsup01 I think that DFX was on strike. lol It won't find any coins until you knit it that cap and sweater set, you know just like yours rofl I got a lot of targets and managed that rare and elusive Michigan State Quarter. Two quarters in two hunts whoo whoo. If we keep removing the big targets, we may sneak out some more coins. Was nice to hunt with John today.

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-23-2010, 08:21 PM
very nice relics dan! love that button! that's war of 1812 huh? what a beauty she is! diggin was tough for us today but we managed a few keepers! gonna post now.nice job!!!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-23-2010, 08:24 PM
nice buckle G i know them D buckles get your heart pumpin.mine always lock on LC :bangahead01:
what?ya gave up on zincolns and moving up to bigger and better things? hey least is george washington on the obverse :rolleyes:
nice hunt guys!

del
01-23-2010, 08:33 PM
it just don't matter you still just have to dig some clad at 200 year old sites don't you. :tongue:

the crotals are nice and intact and the little shield shaped buckle is a pretty cool and unique piece . good hunt man.
hey that second site is the one thats suppose to be there and its in the correct spot . great day out , i'll be talking to ya .

angellionel
01-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Good hunt, even if no coppers showed up. thumbsup01 I like those buttons and crotal bells. :yes:

love2dig
01-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Some nice finds guys thumbsup01 ...Del Thats a great button !!! . I am finally going out tomorrow morning!! Cant wait !!

del
01-24-2010, 07:44 AM
very nice relics dan! love that button! that's war of 1812 huh? what a beauty she is! diggin was tough for us today but we managed a few keepers! gonna post now.nice job!!!!

thanks Dave , yeah it was very possible the button was in the war . what cool history huh.

Good hunt, even if no coppers showed up. thumbsup01 I like those buttons and crotal bells. :yes:

thank you Angel , ya wish we could just produce the coppers at will like some people do with silver lol :tongue:

Some nice finds guys thumbsup01 ...Del Thats a great button !!! . I am finally going out tomorrow morning!! Cant wait !!

thanks Jeff , i really enjoy the military buttons . good luck.

John M
01-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey Dan that button cleaned up real nice as well as them relics.Maybe that some of the relics are removed the coins will show up.
George that buckle and colonial looking button are some nice finds.Comon' man you can't complain about digging that quarter dude.

My wife found a new home for the lantern top,it now hangs from our mantle.

Snowy
01-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Beautiful relics, guys. I can't imagine digging stuff from these frozen grounds. Can't believe it. You've done well.