PDA

View Full Version : NYC Taskforce Could Use Your Help

Dick Stout
09-06-2011, 05:25 PM
IF anyone is interested in helping out the folks in NYC please see read about their plight under Latest News www.stoutstandards.com (http://www.stoutstandards.com) The Taskforce also has a website (still undergoing changes).... http://www.tfmdrf.org/

Thanks,
DS

Dimeman
09-06-2011, 09:55 PM
I have sent my support to the cause by emailling the officials telling them how absurb the 25 foot rule is and all public areas should be open to metal detecting......a hobby anyone can and should be able to participate in-----if they choose to.
A metal detecting ban just means the parks department and city officials don't want certain people with a particular recreational activity in their parks. How much more discriminatory can they get :huh:thinkingabout:

NY is saying------WE DON'T WANT YOU IN OUR PARKS !!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

I hope I never have to be in the NY situation in my area-------but if they do ban or restrict detecting in my area, I know that if I contact this task force ,I would get some help in return.
I sure hope that everyone helps in THIS cause----it might be your area that needs help in the future-----and wouldn't you want others to help you??

Dick Stout
09-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks Dimeman....wish I could get others involved as well.

del
09-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Mr. Stouts do we need another organization :dontknow:
why isn't the FMDAC (Federation of Metal Detector and Archaeological Clubs ) more involved with this , is this not what the FMDAC was originally started for to protect the rights of the hobbyist :huh: wouldn't it be better to get this orgaization more active for this good cause :huh:

Dick Stout
09-11-2011, 06:52 AM
They were aware of the situation, yet only thirteen people showed up for the protest, not a one from the FMDAC. That hurts a great deal given my history with the organization. This is a local group working hard to right a wrong, and merely asking for your help.

Dimeman
09-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Mr. Stouts do we need another organization :dontknow:
why isn't the FMDAC (Federation of Metal Detector and Archaeological Clubs ) more involved with this , is this not what the FMDAC was originally started for to protect the rights of the hobbyist :huh: wouldn't it be better to get this orgaization more active for this good cause :huh:

del----------
According to the FMDAC website there are 4 clubs listed in NY and over 150 members who belong to FMDAC. :shocked04:
Why did only 13 metal detectorists show up at the rally?? Why didn't they get more support from other detectorists in NY and other states:huh:thinkingabout:? :dontknow:

There is no mention of the rally or results of the rally on the FMDAC website. Only mention about their convention and some new detectors from overseas. No mention of the Carthage,MO issue or the repeal of the ban by officials....... :huh::huh: I thought their mission was to promote and preserve the hobby:huh::huh: :thinkingabout:

Yes del,you asked a very good question why isn't the FMDAC helping :huh:thinkingabout: :dontknow:

I think that is the point and question Mr. Stout has raised by his posting asking for forums to help other areas.

If areas are closed ( and it doesn't matter why) it makes putting a law banning detectors easier for other areas---saying if such and such area did it and nobody did anything about it we can make a law also.

There is alot of helping out on the forums, questions asked and answered about metal detecting and different detectors... getting together with other forum members and helping newbies with detecting....All Mr Stout is asking is a little more helping out other metal detectorists in areas that they have had laws stating they NOW can't detect. I know most of you can spare 10-15 minutes of your computer time or detecting time in helping another area try to get their hobby activity restored. That's what Mr. Stout has asked on the forums, after all I know many of you have read and learned from his books about detecting. Give a little bit back to help others in the hobby --that's what we strive for isn't it:huh:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

If you think it CAN'T happen in your area.....that is what us in Harris County,TX thought,
-until they banned detectors in all county owned parks in 2005, after 15 years of having full permission from the county to have club hunts in county parks.

Glad the city of Houston has over 350 park areas and even more public areas we CAN search.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK I'll get off my soapbox now.......

Dick Stout
09-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Quick reply....

If you care to help, thanks. If not you are not not obligated to respond. Just like to make people aware of what is going on within the pastime. Too damn old to get upset anymore.