PDA

View Full Version : Day at the park and wife gets a nose for silver

BillZ
01-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Today the wife and I went to a nearby old park that surrounds a small lake. We have been here before and had some limited luck even though I believe it gets detected pretty regularly.

I started the day on the heavily used areas and she decided to go inside the adjacent woods and poke around. I am still in the learning process with the XLT and spent as much time adjusting my parameters as I was hunting. Not much in the ground but pull tabs and bottle caps. Somebody must be hitting this park hard! After the first 45 min or so, I managed only 1 quarter and 1 penny. The wife called me on the walkie-talkie to brag that she just found her first silver quarter! It was in a hole with 2 wheaties. I headed to the woods to join her and had fun but only managed a little over a dollar in clad by the time we quit. She, on the other hand, found a silver Rosie to go along with the quarter. Her best silver day so far and I was glad she was happy. Wife was just lamenting the other day that she was getting tired of finding wheat pennies and no silver.

I may begin to regret giving her my Tesoro Cutlass II. She is really getting the hang of it.

Our finds. Close to 2 dollars in clad, the wife's 2 wheaties and 2 silver coins.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/BillZBub68/IMG_1460.jpg

coinnut
01-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Yep, that's how it always goes. You get someone interested and they show no mercy lol Glad she is getting the hang of it. That makes it easier when you want to go out detecting. She will probably be dragging you out to hunt thumbsup01 It will take you some time to get a program for that XLT that you regularly use, but it will be worth it. For now, the silver still ends up in the same house ;) And not a bad haul for a worked over site :yes:

Snowy
01-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Me thinks she's gonna be hooked!

John M
01-24-2010, 07:11 AM
Not a wasted hunt.Two good things came from it...your wife found silver and is happy and you got some valuable time with the xlt.Be patient and try some minor changes until you got a program you like.I have had mine for 8 years and love it.

angellionel
01-24-2010, 09:38 AM
I suspect there will be more such days, but they will be fun ones, I'm sure. :yes: You will have a great detecting partner and you will get to know your XLT very well too.

Epi-hunter
01-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Great finds and a nice story to read... it seems rare that people are able to share the hobby with their spouses. It must be so nice to have a spouse to go detecting with!

leslie(nova scotia)
01-27-2010, 12:08 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....behind every good man is a woman waiting to get ahead!

RickO
01-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Great story and nice finds... glad to see the two of you having fun together. RickO