PDA

View Full Version : Someone shot my Seated

jkress
09-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Got out early this morning with new forum member Rgorman. We decided to drive south of town to a park neither one
of us has been to before.

Looks like the Seated was hit with a large caliber bullet. Although a neat story is probably connected with the dime, I'd rather
have a hole in one of the IH's. lol This one is my third 1877 CC dime. :confused:
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-147.jpg

And some more IH's for my pile including a very nice 1880. :happydance01:
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-148.jpg

del
09-09-2011, 09:31 PM
what darn fool would do that to a CC minted seated dime :hairpulling: thats a crying shame :girlcry: Joe . great indians as usual |:confused:)

Epi-hunter
09-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Joe, I just had to post and say what an amazing job you have been doing in pulling those beautiful old silver coins and the terrific Iowa soil IH's :clapping: Although that dime is one of the saddest things I have ever seen lol :poke: Not sure how anyone shoots a small target like a dime? :confused: (Being said by me, who couldn't hit the broad side of a bus with a bullet :cheesysmile: )

Keep it up, but stay out of my parks >:/ lol Looking forward to getting together with you for a hunt in October. Don't let it snow before that.

Had my E-Trac sold three times but they all fell through. Someone must be telling me something. It was like a boomerang, I couldn't get rid of it. lol

BHNugget
09-09-2011, 09:51 PM
While it is a shame to see a coin like that defaced,its truely a unique find. thumbsup01 I'm sure the person that shot it would've liked to have found it,just to see what his bullet did to it.How deep was it found at?

JTGOLD
09-09-2011, 10:01 PM
very nice IH's and neat dime wtg.

pulltabsteve
09-09-2011, 11:47 PM
JOE!!!!!! Just heard about your cool finds and had to say CONGRATS! I sure wish the IHs in my neck of the woods came out looking as good as Iowa IHs. You have some amazing spots to hunt. Keep on finding those beauties :perfect10:
PS...Go to Angie's parks, she'll never know :)

aloldstuff
09-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Congrats on your recoveries. Sorry about that seated but at least you found it. that 1880 IH is in fantastic shape.

dave in iowa
09-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Joe , you sure have it down my friend , new park ummmmm,

bob_e99
09-10-2011, 07:34 PM
what darn fool would do that to a CC minted seated dime :hairpulling: thats a crying shame :girlcry: Joe . great indians as usual |:confused:)

Probably someone showing off his quick draw? rofl

You have to be old enough to have watched old westerns to understand that.

jkress
09-10-2011, 09:19 PM
what darn fool would do that to a CC minted seated dime :hairpulling: thats a crying shame :girlcry:

Yeah, but the more I look at it... the more I wonder about the story. :daydream: It definitely can't go in my coin binder. lol

Keep it up, but stay out of my parks >:/ lol Looking forward to getting together with you for a hunt in October.

Thanks for the nice words Angie. I was close to your area... but not in it. :cheesysmile: Happy to see you still have the E-Trac. Yes, October will be fun.

I'm sure the person that shot it would've liked to have found it,just to see what his bullet did to it.How deep was it found at?

That's what I thought too. Luckily the shooter didn't find it. lol I'd say the IH was real close to the 8 inch mark.

very nice IH's and neat dime wtg.

Thanks JT. I do love the way some of these IH's come out of the ground here.

JOE!!!!!! Just heard about your cool finds and had to say CONGRATS! I sure wish the IHs in my neck of the woods came out looking as good as Iowa IHs. You have some amazing spots to hunt. Keep on finding those beauties :perfect10:
PS...Go to Angie's parks, she'll never know :)

Thank you Steve. I've been focusing on the parks for the last couple of months almost exclusively. I'm quickly learning there is plenty of nice coins to be found in them.
PSS... I am pretty sure she has scouts posted along the perimeters. lol

Congrats on your recoveries. Sorry about that seated but at least you found it. that 1880 IH is in fantastic shape.

Thanks. The 1880 did not see much usage. :smitten:

Joe , you sure have it down my friend , new park ummmmm,

Thanks Dave. Yep, new park. Actually down in your neck of the woods. :poke: lol

Probably someone showing off his quick draw? rofl

Yeah... Ron suggested possibly after they spent some time at the local saloon. I can just hear it... Here, hold this dime up. I bet you a shot of whiskey I can shoot it without hitting your fingers. lol

Mudder
09-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Joe you got some wonderful looking IHs, sorry about the dime. Sometimes folks have way too much time on their hands, so they shoot coins. :peace:

Ill Digger
09-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Shot or not...it's a cool find! :yes:
I think it makes it even cooler. Waaaaay more character :yes: thumbsup01 :cool:
Man that's a bunch of IHs! :shocked04:
Great finds!
Congrats :grin:

rsarge1
09-10-2011, 11:06 PM
very nice IH's and neat dime wtg. :perfect10: :perfect10:

BOWSER
09-11-2011, 01:30 AM
very nice goin ,just rember it was his property to shoot if he wanted to.To you finder beware Maybe you could find the previous owner and have a heated discussion about his treatment of your coin

milco
09-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Very nice finds, incredible that you have found three seated's the same date.