PDA

View Full Version : Satisfaction, Friday Hunt, Kids Playing w/Found Toys

MartinL
09-10-2011, 11:13 AM
First, I could maybe post this in the V3i forum, because I had my best personal day with mine yesterday after months of just practicing here in my coin garden at home.

Anyway, I hunted at a personal friend's home, she is short time with cancer but still very mobile so I did had copany some of the time. I dug lots of coins, in the few hours I was there, many unusual finds, not as much junk as normal because I've learned a lot about those here at home in practice. Along with everything else, I dug up 5 toys,,,a sizeable fighter jet, a motorcycle, and assorted little cars. My friend brought her 8 year old grandson home for the weekend late in the day, and he was showing me aroud where he got hits(he has a child's detector but not there that day), we also dug targets together for a good hour or so,,,a very well manored kid! So I am packing up to get out of there for the day, and his grandmother asked me if I wanted to leave the toys so they could the G-son and a friend could clean them up later. These toys originally belonged to her grown kids from way back when anyway, so they were actually her grand child's since his parent was the most likely original owner way back when. I think that the original idea was to just have the kid(s) do the work of cleaning these things, because they were pretty mud packed, I was going back today anyway, but I certainly don't need them myself, so everything worked out nicely no matter the outcome of ownership.

OK, so I call her this morning, and she tells me the two kids did clean these things up, and were actively playing with them as we were speaking. I've read many other stories, much better than mine here, but I got a warm feeling knowing that something I found was giving pleasure to a friend's grandson today, especially since my friend is already on borrowed time with her cancer.

A very good personal two days for me. The V3i worked wonderfully in the moist, watered lawn areas, plus the unexpected perks mentioned above. A fella could get addicted to hunting after a hunt like this one. ;-) Sorry, no pictures. I could re-create them later, even though I've tossed some stuff, such as really degraded lincoln pennies. Oh well. martin

Dimeman
09-10-2011, 07:24 PM
One of the perks of metal detecting----- GREAT isn't it !!!!!!!!!!!!! <: <: <:

aloldstuff
09-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Martin, I have heard that if you have a side of your house where the sun barely hits it and moss grows on the roof, you should toss those zincolns on the roof. The zinc makes the moss go away.