PDA

View Full Version : Tokens

bob_e99
09-10-2011, 01:42 PM
After suffering through a week of rain, I finally got out today. I found a bunch of pennies, five of which were wheat which is a high for me in a single hunt. Also found three presidential tokens all in the same hole which was something different for me. They don't look all that old and I couldn't find any more information about them on the web.

Thanks.

JTGOLD
09-10-2011, 02:47 PM
sorry can't help you but thoes are neat finds,
found you tokens.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/presidential%20tokens?_dmd=2&_sop=12

PL8MAN
09-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I found a Lincoln token last year . I believe they date to the late 1960's .
Glen

JTGOLD
09-10-2011, 07:00 PM
check out my other post,I found your tokens.

bob_e99
09-10-2011, 07:32 PM
sorry can't help you but thoes are neat finds,
found you tokens.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/presidential%20tokens?_dmd=2&_sop=12

JT: Thank you for the link. I saw those on e-bay but I'm not sure that I spotted an exact match. Also, I was somewhat curious to get a timeframe which I have yet to find but will try a bit more. I never knew how many of these things were made so that was interesting to learn. Also, I have to admit that my heart skipped a beat when I saw the gold color in the ground.

JTGOLD
09-10-2011, 07:57 PM
the first ones were in the 60's thoes were the shell oil company game pieces,then later in the late 70's and early 80's was when they came out with the ones like you found and they run about $2.00 each and that is in mint condition. hope this helps.

Mudder
09-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Neat finds, don't know much about them, but the are out of the ordinary. :groovy:

z118
09-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Nice digs! I've found a half dozen or so presidential tokens over the years. They are fun to dig. Five wheats is pretty good; I'd say you're bound to find some silver at that spot if you keep hunting there!

bob_e99
09-11-2011, 10:01 AM
the first ones were in the 60's thoes were the shell oil company game pieces,then later in the late 70's and early 80's was when they came out with the ones like you found and they run about $2.00 each and that is in mint condition. hope this helps.

Once again, thank you and yes it does help quite a bit. I wasn't expecting them to be worth anything but just getting information about a find is always satisfying.

Neat finds, don't know much about them, but the are out of the ordinary. :groovy:

Yes, I gues part of MD is finding out about all the little things that passed you by in life. Also, something other than clad pennies is always good. lol

Nice digs! I've found a half dozen or so presidential tokens over the years. They are fun to dig. Five wheats is pretty good; I'd say you're bound to find some silver at that spot if you keep hunting there!

I vaguely remember seeing them in your collection. As for finding silver in an old large park, one would think that I could find at least one silver coin, but my hunch is that along with all the other parks in this area, it's been hunted quite well and quite often. I will return periodically though because as Gandalf says, There is always hope.

aloldstuff
09-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Bob, great hunting, nice tokens. I don't think I have ever dug 5 wheats in a day. Silver is waiting for ya, go get it.