PDA

View Full Version : Back to the beach.... but only fresh water this time....

cdv
09-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Drove to a lake yesterday to stay the night and do some detecting today. Last night the wife and I hit the beach for a quick hour or so prior to dark and got some clad and my first hit actually was a Silver dime that had been hit by something big like a dozer? It squashed the coin and obliterated the date.

I'm thinking unless we get a warm spell, I might be done up here going in the water it wasn't warm like down Myrtle Beach! Anyway, I went in about waist deep and not much deeper and had some fun. Found another silver ring (16) and a junk one(17), my first stud earring (to bad its junk) with a large stone.....

Wife found over $2.50 in clad and I got another $1.50 in clad an a super sports car for the grandson.... Last nights silver dime is next to the rings...

Update..... that darn stud earring is .925.... whats the chances of the stone being anything worth talking about?

Cliff

JTGOLD
09-11-2011, 11:45 AM
nice silver finds and a good hunt,neat little car too,wtg.

aloldstuff
09-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Nice hunting, of all the spots for that silver dime to be mangeled it had to be the date. Congrats on all of your finds.