PDA

View Full Version : oi oi im lee

lee
09-11-2011, 06:07 AM
hi folks im lee....new to detecting over here but done a lot in old england.
until yesterday i thought i was the only detectorist in ct !!! but last night i met angel who put me onto this site so oi oi (hello) to everyone.
the wife bought me a whites coinmaster for me birthday 3 weeks ago and after 20yrs away from the hobby im hooked again !!!
not found much yet...flintlock pull back thingy (dont know the real name for it) bit of dress jewlry and about 3o bucks in change ha ha ha (never thought i would get bored finding money i can spend but i am,,lol.
in england i found a lot of what i thought was great stuff....few roman constaintin 1 coins plenty of victorean bun pennys and a few george 2 farthings plus a lot of coins from edward to elizabeth 2 (god bless ya mam).
i live in old wethersfield in a house built in 1775 by james frances the master brick builder and im very much into history of any type,infact the last owner of the house has kept the inside just how it was in 1775.
anyway....hello to everyone and thanks to angel for putting me onto the site.
realy would like to pick your minds on places to go detecting and pointers on how i might start to find a few nice coins and relics.
ps...
im a butcher by trade so some steak and sausages could change hands if ya know what i mean....ha ha ha

del
09-11-2011, 07:55 AM
hello Lee , welcome back to the hobby and to the forum ;) . Wethersfield is a great old town with loads of early history , i'm up in Enfield ,Ct.. theres a local detecting club that meets every second Tuesday of the month (this tuesday night) at the east hartford public library if your interested in meeting some good local hobbyist around the state.PM me if you want more info . glad you join us Lee.

Dan

angellionel
09-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi there Lee! It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday. :yes: I'm glad you decided to join us. This is a great group of fellow detectorists, so you should feel right at home. Take Dan on his invite too. I hope you did well at that site you were heading to when we met.

Have fun!

lee
09-11-2011, 06:39 PM
cheers del, i would very much like to come along on tuesday night....ill pm you now with me phone number so you can give me some details when,where,and the such like.
once again thank you.

OxShoeDrew
09-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Lee, welcome from another nutmegger. I hope you enjoy your stay here. :groovy:

JTGOLD
09-11-2011, 07:10 PM
welcome to the forum,from Illinois.

lee
09-12-2011, 05:35 AM
oh angel , you will find this funny.
the site i whent to was an old farm house built in 1794 so things looked good...dug up a coin that i could see was not the size of a moden day coin so i was excited.
when i got home i feverishly cleaned it for 2 hours only to find under the dirt.........ready for this?.....a chucky cheese token !!!!!! oh how i laughed ..........NOT !!!!

aloldstuff
09-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Lee, welcome from western mass and to the land of Chucky Cheese LOL. You are in a great spot (Wethersfield). Looking forward to your posts.

angellionel
09-12-2011, 09:12 AM
oh angel , you will find this funny.
the site i whent to was an old farm house built in 1794 so things looked good...dug up a coin that i could see was not the size of a moden day coin so i was excited.
when i got home i feverishly cleaned it for 2 hours only to find under the dirt.........ready for this?.....a chucky cheese token !!!!!! oh how i laughed ..........NOT !!!!

Oh no! lol lol Those tokens seem to show up everywhere. lol I thought for sure you be pulling some old silver or copper from that site. Perhaps another trip is in order. :yes:

jkress
09-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the forum lee. Glad to have you here with us. :clapping:
I'd start detecting right in the yard of the house you live in. :daydream:

lee
09-12-2011, 07:02 PM
jkress ive tryed in me garden but all i got was a realy old brooch and a load of rubbish.....i think im doing this wrong ya know,,,,,,im gona learn a lot from you guys i just know it !!!!!....im not used to this discrimination stuff and dont realy understand it to well......me ol panasonic back in england didnt have it so im still sort of learning...i.e discriminate ring pulls and still dig up ring pulls :huh:thinkingabout: huh ?? see what i mean..defanatly doing somthing wrong aint i?

Cheap Thrills
09-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Welcome Lee , sounds like your a great new addition and are going to bring a bit of fun to the forum . Don't feel bad brother , a Chuck E. Cheese token and a couple of zincs is considered a great day in the spots I hunt . thumbsup01 Those guys you're going to be hunting with will have you digging flowing hairs and King George coppers before you know it . :yes:

del
09-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Lee it was great to meet you in person tonight at the metal detecting meeting , sorry i didn't get alot of time to talk to you as it gets a little crazy around us when George and i have some nice goodies to bring in . i would like to get together sometime when i have some free time with the exception of this weekend fridays and saturdays are usually good for me. hey give those areas around your yard a try . talk to you soon ,

Dan

lee
09-14-2011, 05:07 PM
nice to meet you to dan and i would love to have a days detecting with you !! im off friday but as you have stated your not avalable .
give me a bell (phone) when ever you fancy,my hours are normaly 5am till 1.30pm.

ps.
nice to meet all you detector nerds last night.....you lot realy know your stuff...wow

pps.
NERDS in the nicest possable way of course..... ;)

tanacat
09-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Welcome from Kentucky! :groovy: Looking forward to hearing stories and seeing pics of your finds. Dan is a good man -hope you meet up w/ him!

Edit:

lol I hadn't read Dan's last post...

Tony Two-Cent
09-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the forum from an Illinois nerd! lol

Jeff (or)
09-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the forum!! :cool: