PDA

View Full Version : Todays finds Sept 11 .

Civil War Nut
09-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Hidy to all you fine folks . Got out about 11:00 am . today and went down to the south side of the river bottom buff to look for old home places . Just found one and this is it . 3 buckles , rimfire casen , umbrella part , star of some kind they wore around ther neck , home made brass wedding ban , buttons , W-penny , 1868-nickle , and a large pice of lead . And thats it for today . Good luck to all .

del
09-12-2011, 03:03 PM
hey a shield nickle , you don't see them very often :clapping: :clapping: very nice . that area looks like a great spot and i bet theres more to be found there . the one button with the stars is very interesting whats the back look like ??

Dan

OxShoeDrew
09-12-2011, 07:12 PM
An interesting and eclectic hunt. I hope you can get back there soon.

Tony Two-Cent
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Wow, great finds! I love the star and the Shield Nickel!

aloldstuff
09-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Nice hunting, that shield nickel looks really good. Looks like a great hunting spot. Congrats

Civil War Nut
09-13-2011, 06:47 PM
hey a shield nickle , you don't see them very often :clapping: :clapping: very nice . that area looks like a great spot and i bet theres more to be found there . the one button with the stars is very interesting whats the back look like ??

Dan
Hidy Del . It looks like the overall buttons do on back . Just a big blob of rust . I found another piece there today , with it and the 6-pointed star thing that was so hard to clean up . When I cleaned it up it looked like nickle , but after it layed on the table for two days it has turned gold looking . But I am starting to think it might have been some of them Who-Do folks lived there in the 1800s .