PDA

View Full Version : More trivial stuff

bob_e99
09-12-2011, 08:03 AM
I decided to try a school yard for a change and got there Sunday morning at the crack of dawn (ok .. maybe a bit beyond the crack) and managed to detect for only about 45 minutes before folks started to show up for kids baseball practice. I managed to find a couple of clad dimes and a disney pendant. It's not great but a change of pace from looking at all the silver being posted lol lol lol

JTGOLD
09-12-2011, 08:34 AM
thats a neat find,not seen one of them befor,wtg.

aloldstuff
09-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Nice recovery on that Disney token, I also have not seen one of them before. School yards are a hit or miss with the kids and practice.

angellionel
09-12-2011, 09:08 AM
School yards can yield some surprising finds. It's amazing what kids lose over the years, and it does make for fun hunts.

Dimeman
09-12-2011, 10:33 AM
There is mostly always something interesting that is found in schoolyards, and their play areas.

z118
09-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Nice dig! I think I've hunted the school you were at, but just the tot lot. It was pretty well hunted bare. You may find, as I have, that there's lots of folks out there who will hunt the playground but stay out of the dirt.

bob_e99
09-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Nice dig! I think I've hunted the school you were at, but just the tot lot. It was pretty well hunted bare. You may find, as I have, that there's lots of folks out there who will hunt the playground but stay out of the dirt.

Did you go way back near the woods? I was focusing in that area for starters since I had a hunch the grass was probably well detected. Also, it was such nice grass that I hesitated to pull plugs from it.

z118
09-12-2011, 06:03 PM
No, like I said I only hit the tot lot with the Tracker IV. No dirt digging at all. It was slim pickings, so I'm sure someone else hunts it. But like I said, that doesn't mean the grass would be well hunted too.