PDA

View Full Version : Class Ring and Dog Tags returned to owners Update

cdv
09-12-2011, 06:24 PM
During my trip to Myrtle, I found a set of Dog Tags with a class ring on the chain. The dog tags of course had a name on them and the class ring had a girls first name on it and the year 2012. Well in this day and age of the computer, I figured I could find the guy on facebook and as a matter of fact, it was easier than I thought. On Facebook I found a matching name that is going to the High School (on ring) and is dating the girl on the ring (Initials in ring matched). That took all of 10 minutes but I have since sent two messages to the guy via Facebook and tried to contact the girl through Facebook also. I've had no replies from either of them. I'm not sure if they are having problems with their houses after the hurricane (Richmond Va), don't use Facebook much or are afraid to contact me figuring I am a deviate or something like that. So since I had the High Schools name, I went to their web site, found the Principals name and emailed her with my story. Today she got back to me with his address and thanked me for my act of kindness... Dog tags and ring are packaged and being shipped tomorrow.

Update: Got a big thank you from the owner of the class ring. She was quite happy to get it back and never thought she would see it again. She turns 18 Friday this week so that kind of works out as a birthday present too.

Cliff

rsarge1
09-12-2011, 07:17 PM
awesome job yeah it doesnt take long to find the owner with todays technology wtg

JTGOLD
09-12-2011, 09:56 PM
good job on the return,wtg.

aloldstuff
09-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Thank you for doing this great deed. Another plus in the metal detectorist column. Glad to hear that the principal was able to give you the address. Great job.

Cheap Thrills
09-18-2011, 01:24 AM
:cool: :yes: thumbsup01 thumbsup01

:groovy:

Ill Digger
09-18-2011, 01:40 AM
Way to go above and beyond ! thumbsup01 |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)
Thats what this world is lacking these days......Acts of kindness like yours! :yes: :rolleyes:
Kudos to you on the good deed! thumbsup01 :clapping: |:confused:)

kwa
09-22-2011, 02:57 PM
as far as that find you did a great and honorable above and beyond the md call of duty.
my issue is did they offer you some kind of compensation.
i dont care what the feel good everybody deserves a trophy and dont keep score losers think i think any gesture of some compensation should have been extended.
it is up to you to accept or not but a lot of these people have no class.
i preface that to say i was working in a restaurant when one of my servers gave me a bag that a couple left in a booth.
upon looking in the bag i found 48,000 in cash and another $30, 000 in certified checks.
needless to say 3+ hours later an elderly couple came rushing in asking about said bag stating it was their life savings.
after verifying their names with that on the checks i gave them the bag.
they didnt say a word and hurried out of the rest.
i feel the least they could have done was give the waitress some kind of compensation but they didnt even offer a thank you.
color me jaded but if i find something and i dont know who lost it i aint looking.