PDA

View Full Version : HELLO FROM TAMPA BAY!

kwa
09-15-2011, 04:40 PM
<:
hello all waitng 4 my 1st md so i can hit the beaches around st. petersburg.
did a ton of research & bought a used garrett sea hunter xl 500 pulse that was made in 1983.
hope to find enough treasure to upgrade to a minelab 1000 series.
this is a great sight anyone from the bay area give me a shout!
happy hunting all.

del
09-15-2011, 04:55 PM
welcome to the forum Kwa , congrats on your first detector and please be careful its an addicting hobby . lol lol glad you could join us here and i wish you the best of luck on them Florida beaches.

Dan

kwa
09-15-2011, 05:01 PM
thx. dan i am going to try some unconventual, not illegal ways hehe, to get maximum $ along with tons of fun.
will let you all know how my hairbrain schemes work out.
riddle: how do you hold a detectionist in supsense?
i'll get back to you on that.

OxShoeDrew
09-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Kwa, sounds like you have a nice plan. I wish you luck with your finds. :peace:

JTGOLD
09-15-2011, 06:01 PM
welcome to the forum from Illinois and best of luck with your new venture.

aloldstuff
09-16-2011, 06:42 AM
KWA welcome from western ma. Hope you strike it rich so that you can get your upgrade. Looking forward to your posts.

Lowjiber
09-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Welcome aboard from southern Nevada. I've done a lot of windsurfing off Pinellas Point in the bay.

Relic Whisperer
09-16-2011, 12:39 PM
welcome to the Forum from Florida's gulf coast. Beaches are a bit sanded in and slow right now due to lack of snow birds and vacationers on the beach so don't be discouraged if things start out slow. Once October hits you will be plenty succesful.

kwa
09-16-2011, 04:50 PM
hey lowjiber did you windsurf in the 80's with that same hat on?
if you did i think i saw you a few times ;).
well getting ready for my first trip next week as my md just got here, xmas in september :).
didn't come with a manual so i have to modify my computer to kb 20 mil or something.
wife will do that when she gerts off work.
will let you live vicariously throug me by my posts so don't loose this page this could be good.
HAPPY HUNTING!

kwa
09-17-2011, 04:55 PM
well battery charged and took my 500 pulse to thr teat pool/garden.
was disappointed as it seemed to sporatically pick up small on ground and the water.
the coil has about a 1/4 gouge that is the size of a fifty cent peace on the lower right side of the coil.
remarkably this seems to be the area that works the best.
any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
thx & happy hunting!

jkress
09-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist kwa. :clapping: Happy to have you here with us.
Sounds like you have a great game plan. Best of luck on your first hunt and be sure to
show us all the treasures you find. :yes:

Mudder
09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Welcome from Mississippi, and I'm looking forward to those great finds you will be posting from the beach hunts. :groovy:

tanacat
09-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Hello from Kentucky! :groovy: I think you'll like it here- this is a great place to learn. I've never used a Garrett myself. Good luck on the beaches there! I'm envious :envious: I hunted a bit on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, but all I found was clad...

kwa
09-22-2011, 06:12 PM
thanks tan i think i finally have arrived the queen bee has responded ;)
p.s. will be a continual contributor just watch out for HELLO TAMPA BAY!

tanacat
09-22-2011, 06:15 PM
I love reading about the exposed shipwrecks when the tide is low... Good luck.

kwa
09-22-2011, 06:25 PM
hey cat still at least 10 days out from getting my new garrett c hunt. II not sure you read my xl saga if not it might be under general post.
yeah i like this sight you have a few rocks that keep this place special so maybe i can offer an off the wall perspective.
stay tuned kids

Jeff (or)
09-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Great to hear you are getting into the hobby! <: