PDA

View Full Version : Religious Medal?

z118
01-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Any takers? I can't even ID the language it's in. It's about the size of a nickel.

hoser
01-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Not a blessed clue. But is pretty cool. 8)

Krom
01-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I think a terrorist dropped it. rofl

coinnut
01-25-2010, 02:56 PM
No Idea. I can't figure out how to cut and paste part of it to Google it lol I guess you could try a couple of Mosque's and see if someone recognizes the language. A very different find. I hope it says something nice lol

hoser
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Maybe it belonged to Achmed. rofl

RickO
01-25-2010, 04:25 PM
It is Arabic... is there a college near you? Usually can get someone at a college to read it. Likely a prayer from the Koran. RickO

coinnut
01-25-2010, 07:45 PM
I thought it might be, so I Googled Arabic alphabet and view pictures of it, but could not match any of the characters. I tried all the languages I could think of from Persian to Hindu lol So maybe there is more to the alphabet then I was seeing. I agree, bring it to a college and see if anyone will translate it for you. I think it says you have just found fools gold lol Actually, I hope you get it translated. Would love to know what it says.

BillZ
01-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Send a pm to Sheik Yerbooty. lol

Epi-hunter
01-26-2010, 07:38 AM
What is it made of? A very cool find, whatever it says :)

Lowjiber
01-26-2010, 09:18 AM
rofl

John M
01-27-2010, 03:47 PM
looks to be part of a key chain.

SeabeeRon
01-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Cool find but...:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:thinkingabout:

Cheap Thrills
01-28-2010, 02:26 PM
rofl

Sorry that I don't speak much Arabic as most of our family didn't talk to us after my parents and I converted to Christianity , I forgot most all the Arabic I knew . We have pretty much been disowned and referred to as The Americanized infidels. Nephew Achmed still speaks it so I sent him some pictures . Even he could not figure it out as it is not the Middle Eastern dialect he speaks but he did offer a little info and some ideas that may be of help .

Baba

Cheap Thrills
01-28-2010, 02:37 PM

I meant to quote this post also ( I thought it would show up in my last quote ) .I am still rather new at using the computer and type one letter at a time .That is why I sent the picture of the text of Nephew Achmed's letter .I apologize that it is hard to see and must be zoomed in . :bangahead01:

Baba

coinnut
01-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey Baba, I think I enlarged your post and hopefully I got it right lol Here it is:
Hi Uncle Baba, I looked both sides over carefully after increasing the size, I don't believe it is Arabic, but some Pashtun language (Afghanistan), maybe even Urdu (Pakistan). Something I saw on side 2 makes me think it's a prayer. It looks like a verse from the Koran In the name of Allah the merciful, the compassionate which always preceeds prayer even in Islam. At first glance it did look like Arabic script, though I'm sure it's not Arabic. It could be one of the many languages that use a similar script, Pasheo, Urdu, Farsi, Dari, etc... If you have an Afghan friend, maybe he could weigh in on it a little. Please let me know what you find out. Love, Nephew Achmed
P.S. Did you ever get the oil leak fixed on your cab?

So, how'd I do Baba lol Did I get it right:huh:

Cheap Thrills
01-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Thank you Mr.coinnut , it is most assuredly right . :grin:

You did wonderfully my most honored Global moderator and friend . thumbsup01 May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the armpits of anyone who would dare speak against you . :bop:

Thank you so much if you are ever this way and ride in my cab the meter will be turned off . :grin:

Baba

coinnut
01-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Thank you Mr.coinnut , it is most assuredly right . :grin:

You did wonderfully my most honored Global moderator and friend . thumbsup01 May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the armpits of anyone who would dare speak against you . :bop:

Thank you so much if you are ever this way and ride in my cab the meter will be turned off . :grin:

Baba

I'm glad I'm on the good side of you.... those fleas sound like they would hurt. lol I'll look for you if I'm ever out your way, we can detect them beaches thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
01-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Sounds like a winner most noble friend ! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 :grin:

Baba

sectshun8
02-06-2010, 05:54 AM
I'd say it's most definitely a prayer piece. Here's one that was hanging on my Indian chauffeur's rear view mirror on my way from Abu Dhabi to Dubai back in November.

Obsiously not the same, but possibly a similar item.

ProPointer
02-12-2010, 10:34 PM
It is Arabic... is there a college near you? Usually can get someone at a college to read it. Likely a prayer from the Koran. RickO

I agree. That was my first thought.