PDA

View Full Version : Short hunt today

Civil War Nut
09-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Hidy to all . Went to the corn field behind the house for a short hunt this afternoon . Got tired of digging in the hard and dry ground , so this is it , part of old spoon , Broch in 4 pieces , bullets , looks like a watch stem , and a small rock that is magnetic . Thanks for looking and good luck to all .

Tony Two-Cent
09-16-2011, 08:58 PM
A magnetic rock, interesting! I wonder if it could be a meteorite? (Definitely not my area of expertise.)

Pretty neat looking old brooch! Did there used to be an old house where the corn field is?

Civil War Nut
09-16-2011, 09:08 PM
A magnetic rock, interesting! I wonder if it could be a meteorite? (Definitely not my area of expertise.)

Pretty neat looking old brooch! Did there used to be an old house where the corn field is?
Hidy TT. Yep an old house place . Its in the same field that I have been finding my Civil War stuff . A 1865 penny and others with no dates , but no silver has come out of that place . Its got to be some there some where . Good luck hunting .

OxShoeDrew
09-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Awesome brooch. Must have been fun to see that in the hole. :clapping:

aloldstuff
09-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Nice finds there, It's been my experince (I also like cornfields) that there will be silver there. Congrats on that nice brooch.

Evan/tn
09-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Hard dry ground....got plenty of that here all summer
Good hunt Earl

JTGOLD
09-27-2011, 11:21 AM
neat looking broch and neat finds,wtg.