PDA

View Full Version : First Silver for 2010

Postman
01-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Went to the Cape(Cod) over the weekend.Was going to do some low tide detecting,actually I did,no luck.But I happened to look up and noticed the ocean had been eating away at a few back yards abutting the beach,and i figured never know.Wasn,t long running the XLT over the sand and I got a hit.After shacking the sand out of my scoop sitting at the bottom was a 1940 wheatie.That was encouraging.I then picked up 4 clads as i moved along and then bingo.I digs the scoop into the sand shake it out,and there sitting on the bottom was the beautifull sight of silver.Turns out to be a 1941 Washington Quarter.Another half dozen clads and I packed it in.Will be hitting those spots in the future,along with a few more.

Epi-hunter
01-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Congrats, a silver quarter is the perfect way to start the year thumbsup01 I'm still waiting for my first silver of the year. Of course it would help if I could get out with my detector :bangahead01:

Sounds like an excellent weekend!

coinnut
01-25-2010, 07:38 PM
If we only knew how much silver and gold was being tossed around them dunes, I think we would be amazed. One thing about the ocean, it's always hiding and exposing the finds. Where else can you get a new penny next to a silver coin all at 1 inch :yes: I think you have a great spot there and hopefully it will produce for you. A great start to the new year. thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
01-27-2010, 08:40 PM
WTG!!! Still looking for my first silver out here on the west coast.

RickO
02-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Great find.... still waiting to just get out.. still cold here. RickO