PDA

View Full Version : 9-17-11 finds

Epi-hunter
09-17-2011, 10:10 PM
No reales here, but I do what I can.

Got out for about 2.5 hours today. It was beautiful weather and although I didn't have the full day I took advantage of what I did have, and went to a local park that has been well hunted. I love my E-Trac.....

Nothing exceptionally old, but I did find three mercs (one very worn), two V-nickels, and one of the few buffalo nickels that I have ever found with a strong date.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/091711finds.png

I went back out for about 45 minutes to a different, more local park this evening, and found this walking liberty half dollar mixed in a lot of trash.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/091711halfdollar.png

I also found several wheat cents; no IH cents though.

HH everyone,

Angie

rsarge1
09-17-2011, 10:15 PM
awesome wtg :perfect10:

jkress
09-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Score!! <:
That is an incredible day of hunting Angie. :clapping:
I always love the Mercs but the WLH is such a nice coin to find. :smitten:
Gotta say, the IH's might come out of the ground in nice shape here... but the nickels
really hold up beautifully in your neck of the woods. They are in gorgeous shape.
Nickels here come out of the ground nowhere near that condition.
Great hunting. Happy to see you became reacquainted with the E.

dave in iowa
09-17-2011, 10:32 PM
great finds Angie , when you get back to iowa . you should try and catch the Mississippi Band if you get a chance

hockeyguy
09-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Very nice Epi....I see the E trac is treating you well! :clapping: :clapping:

dave in iowa
09-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Too bad no mint on the 1916 merc....

Ill Digger
09-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Holy cow Angie those nickles are in nice shape !! Both in wear and color thumbsup01 :drool:
:eyebrow: Sooooo... is there that... all so elusive D on the rear of that 1916 Merc? :confused: :drool:
Of course the Walker is a great day by it's self :yes: lol thumbsup01
Nice work Ang! thumbsup01 |:confused:)
Congrats :grin:

Cheap Thrills
09-18-2011, 01:12 AM
:shocked04: :perfect10: |:confused:)

:groovy:

JTGOLD
09-18-2011, 08:48 AM
4 very nice silvers and 3 great nic's,thats the way to do it,wtg.

Epi-hunter
09-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks so much everyone for the nice comments; they mean a lot.

Nickels (in fact most coins) come out of the ground nice here. I have found a few buffs here but this one is by far the nicest I have seen. The soil at this place seems to be very sandy, which is unusual for this area from what I have found.

The half dollar was a huge surprise. It was at a park in my town that I have been to many times and haven't found much, but usually I just avoid the more trashy areas. No more!! :happydance01: It was not even very deep, but a couple of inches below it was a flat piece of iron-something that was obscuring it, and the whole area had surface trash.

Many of you may recall that Angel posted a few weeks ago that I would be leaving the forum. I did at that time resign my position as an administrator, and it was what I needed to do. I was at a very low point in my life then and did think I needed to leave the hobby altogether, and the forums. I am not at that point now. MDing had lost its meaning for me but I'm glad I didn't give up on it. Now, for the first time in a long time, it gives me what I was seeking when I started... a sense of peace. I had lost sight of that completely.

As for the forums, I am posting on several. Forums are about the members and nothing more than that, and I lost sight of that too for awhile.

Tony Two-Cent
09-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Many of you may recall that Angel posted a few weeks ago that I would be leaving the forum. I did at that time resign my position as an administrator, and it was what I needed to do. I was at a very low point in my life then and did think I needed to leave the hobby altogether, and the forums. I am not at that point now. MDing had lost its meaning for me but I'm glad I didn't give up on it. Now, for the first time in a long time, it gives me what I was seeking when I started... a sense of peace. I had lost sight of that completely.

Angie, I am so glad that you have rediscovered the sense of peace that you get from metal detecting. I sincerely hope that things are on the upswing for you. When I first joined this forum you were one of the first to give me a warm welcome. When I was getting back into the hobby and seeking information on machines your advice about purchasing a new detector was invaluable to me. I ended up purchacing my E-trac from the dealer you recommended and it was an incredibly positive experience. I hope to see you posting here for a long time to come, the place just isn't the same without you.

Oh yeah, great finds too! It looks like we both found a Walking Liberty half in the same week. You're still having a lot more success with nickels though. Those are some beauties!

aloldstuff
09-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Nice to read that you haven't given up mding altogether. You sure made some sweet finds. I, along with Tony also managed a WLH. Those nickels look fantastic. Congrats on your two hunts

jkress
09-18-2011, 04:25 PM
It looks like we both found a Walking Liberty half in the same week.

I, along with Tony also managed a WLH.

I'm in the 'I found a WLH this week' club too. lol Guess it was a good week for the Walking Liberties. A total of 4 found.

yazoo
09-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Those be some awesome finds Girl. Great job . Hope to see you keep it going on . Yazoo

mcdoogal
09-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Great finds! thumbsup01 I really hope you are in a better place with the hobby. It is a calming force in my life but I do push myself too hard with it sometimes, trying to achieve the impressive finds of others. I try to keep in mind that this is competion and that I am getting some exercise, enjoying nature and having fun.

pulltabsteve
09-18-2011, 06:13 PM
You don't need to find reales to have fun! Glad you got out Angie. Love those 1911s :clapping: Always nice to see what you find. happydance02

Mudder
09-18-2011, 09:38 PM
You did great Angie. There are some great coin there, and the Walking Liberty is a beauty. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
09-21-2011, 07:42 PM
I get it Angie! Just being out on a beach here, whether I make any finds or not, is wha tI was looking for!

randy
09-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Nice finds, and those nickels looks really good.

sniffy
09-25-2011, 06:35 PM
thats cool! I found a buffalo nickle in my yard that looked brand new...nice hunt!