PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful CT Seal Button

sniffy
09-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Did the family thing this weekend so I didn't get to spend hours upon hours in the mosquito infested Connecticut woods. However, I did slip out this evening for a couple hours to a site I haven't been to in a year or so. This place is completely briar infested and very hard to hunt. I took some time to smash down some of the undergrowth and make holes to swing the coil in. I figured my attempts of hunting this site again was a flop until I got a very nice screwcap/penny signal at the base of a large briar patch. I assumed it was a button but I didn't know it would be this beauty. This CT seal button has the Canfield & Bro/Baltimore backmark with the shank completely intact and upright. I can't find this paticular button with this backmark....can anyone help? Thanks for lookin!!

MassDirtFisher
09-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Nice looking button! Congrats and Happy Hunting!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-18-2011, 07:20 PM
nice CT civil war button Jess! looks amazing! scovills backmark?

sniffy
09-18-2011, 07:36 PM
nice CT civil war button Jess! looks amazing! scovills backmark?
Read carefully Dave... :poke: Canfield & Bro/ Baltimore

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Read carefully Dave... :poke: Canfield & Bro/ Baltimore
smacks myself in forehead 8/ got ahead of myself i guess :embarrassed:

sniffy
09-18-2011, 08:36 PM
It's okay Dave....I understand how Copper poisoning impares your vision.

tanacat
09-19-2011, 08:20 AM

It's okay Dave....I understand how Copper poisoning impares your vision.

lol you guys are funny- very nice button!!! I can't believe how well it cleaned up... :shocked04:stretcher:

aloldstuff
09-19-2011, 01:20 PM
boy did that clean up nice. Congrats

OxShoeDrew
09-20-2011, 05:13 PM
So that CT button was made in Baltimore? Seems like every button ever made came from CT...except CT buttons. :confused: :) nice find and cleaning job.

sniffy
09-20-2011, 06:38 PM
So that CT button was made in Baltimore? Seems like every button ever made came from CT...except CT buttons. :confused: :) nice find and cleaning job.
TELL ME ABOUT IT.....Benedict & Burnham...SCOVILLS SCOVILLS......However I believe this button was made before the war.

Ill Digger
09-21-2011, 12:04 AM
&quot:beerbuddy:eautiful CT Seal Button You got that right!
What a beauty!! :drool: :drool:
Sweet find!
Congrats !! :grin:

del
09-22-2011, 03:12 AM
wow :shocked04:stretcher: what a great button Jesse and your cleaning skills are getting very impressive :yes: sharp details on that one .

the Canfield Bros. (Ira ,Jared and William ) were active in Baltimore in the 1830's to about 1870's , button makers and silver smiths just to name a couple of their endevors . i believe the button does date to about the civil war or just prior . a great find in that condition. :cheering: :cheering:

sniffy
09-22-2011, 03:04 PM
wow :shocked04:stretcher: what a great button Jesse and your cleaning skills are getting very impressive :yes: sharp details on that one .

the Canfield Bros. (Ira ,Jared and William ) were active in Baltimore in the 1830's to about 1870's , button makers and silver smiths just to name a couple of their endevors . i believe the button does date to about the civil war or just prior . a great find in that condition. :cheering: :cheering:
Thanks alot! Actually most of my cleaning skills I learned from You, George? (where in carmen sandiego is he anyways?) and even old CountryMusicNut. Once I hit this ole girl with the CLR after the peroxide bath, she GLEAMED LIKE A GOLD TOOTH IN THE GHETTO.