PDA

View Full Version : MXT SILENT MODE

BOWSER
09-20-2011, 03:58 PM
After using the idx-pro for years,i tried the mxt with the threshold off, It wasn't completley silent but it was effective. I also find that running the mxt at 7 gain was enough power for the machine to run effeciently. With disc at max the machine worked very well id'ing and retreiving coins. All this was done in the Coin and Jewlry mode .

wingmaster
09-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I really like the alt relic mode(trigger foward) for almost every hunt and the threshold just barely audible will get the deeper coins that you would have missed running silent. Thats one big plus the MXT has over the M6 is that with the threshold you will get those deep coins that you would have missed with the M6.

Lowjiber
09-21-2011, 07:44 AM
I really like the alt relic mode(trigger foward) for almost every hunt and the threshold just barely audible will get the deeper coins that you would have missed running silent. Thats one big plus the MXT has over the M6 is that with the threshold you will get those deep coins that you would have missed with the M6.

I only hunt the MXT in Alt Relic Mode. It's three times the machine in ARM.

However, I think BOWSER has the new MXT Pro that doesn't have ARM.

Here's a short paragraph from an article that I wrote a few years ago about Hunting on the Edge of Insanity that explains why ARM is vastly superior (IMHO) to any other mode with an MXT...

It undoubtedly seems strange that I recommend using Alternate Relic Mode (ARM) for everything. You’re probably thinking, “I’m not looking for relics, I’m looking for coins and jewelry. ”ARM is an interesting twist to the MXT. It places the machine in a “mixed mode” audio configuration that allows the user to hear both the all-metal and discrimination signals.

We covered this previously, but there is one thing that sometimes bothers new users about ARM when hunting for coins and “bullets, buckles, etc”. :huh: ??
You don’t really care what the target description is anyway. The key is that the VDI number reflects the nature of the target. Quarters are still going to be in the low +80’s and pulltabs are still going to drive you crazy in the lower VDI ranges. It won’t take you long to figure out that nickels are usually in the +18 area; quarters are +82; zincolns are +55; etc.

Stick with ARM…it has some real benefits.

Vito
09-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Glad you like the silent mode, Jim. Did you ever try the 2-tone mode [primary relic mode - trigger in center position]?

This will allow you to adjust the point where the sound changes from low to high [bad target - good target]. So you can hear unwanted targets, too. Can be very helpful in areas if you find some old coins and want the other old stuff, too, or if you're also after jewelry.

BOWSER
09-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the great replies, i am tryin new things everyday, i am sure your help will get me goin to the good stuff. Clad ain't bad, but it's makin me sad :cheesysmile: