PDA

View Full Version : F5 still raking in the coins

Dimeman
09-20-2011, 07:06 PM
In 2 totlot areas in 2 1/2 hours the F5 rounds up the coins........................

Even got a wheat penny in a totlot.......ya just never know what the kids are gonna lose........ :grin:

[attach=1]

Spike
09-21-2011, 08:54 PM
You are likeing the F5 hu lol better than At pro :huh: :dontknow:

Dimeman
09-21-2011, 09:22 PM
For totlot hunting and looking around the park the F5 is light and quick. Most of my hunting is at totlots and school areas where coins and occaisional jewelry is located.

For when I am looking to find some older deep coins and other stuff, the AT Pro does much better.

Spike
09-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Thought so I been likeing my at pro alot for field hunting where I dig almost all 45 an higher but the other day dont know what happend but would not pick up a merc at 4in :dontknow: my E-trac was screaming but the at pro nothing I know it will find silver and kills copper dont know what happend any idea?

Dimeman
09-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Usually not getting much depth is because of not getting a real good ground balance.

A few times hunting with the AT Pro ( and the Fisher F5) I couldn't get much depth at all..just getting surface coins. I ground balanced again and started getting coins at 6-7 inches.
I ground balance once or twice more, after the initial time, within the 1st 10 minutes of searching so I know it is good.

Spike
09-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks I think you are right thumbsup01 I will say one thing I did forget how good my E-trac was a 8in wheat was hitting like it was on top the ground :bop: and found my second SLQ today :happydance01:

John S
12-03-2011, 07:13 AM
I see you like the F 5 a lot. I never had the F 5 , but used the cz 's & F75 for a long time. The f series are very good detector in my book. I have had a lot of difference detectors and the fisher work the best for me. In clad I have picked up over $10,000 most with the fishers. Keep up the good work.