PDA

View Full Version : HELLO TAMPA BAY!

kwa
09-22-2011, 02:25 PM
well guys the sea hunter xl 500 i bought on ebay turned out to be a dud as reading all the info and gathering all thedata i could it did not pass muster.
the seller refunded all but $50 of my purchase price and due to the economy he has had some probs, i say this not to gloat or imply that i am taking advantage of a situation as the reason i wanted a md was to supplement my income as i also have been recently unemployed.
i told him to keep the $50 and we'll call it even as the negatives of taking the unit back far out weighs the positives as he would have to disclose all the probs i had found .
upon searching ebay again i came across another xl 500 at around $135, the auction is still going on, so i called garrett to get info on this other md with the hope i could combine the 2 to make a whole.
to make a short story long i found that garrett has a %50 trade in policy and if i seand in the original xl thay would sell me a brand new sea hunter II for $375.00!

kwa
09-22-2011, 02:31 PM
what a freaking deal so it goes off today and within 10 days its on!
this post really is for anyone else that has an old garrett laying around call them and see what they can do for you, i dont work for garrett so not an endorsement.
so my treasure this week was found on my computer $375.00 off the list price for a brand new device with warrenty!
BOO YA!

cdv
09-24-2011, 05:30 AM
KWA, so how does that work with Garrett? Is that 50% of the retail price of the Garrett detector you have taken off of the Garrett you want to purchase? This is the first I've heard of that and I seriously want to upgrade from the Ace 350 I presently own... might have to look into this over the winter!

Also on a side note, I'm looking to buy a home down your way next year, in the New Port Ritchey area.... so maybe I'll be bumping into you someday.

Cliff

russellt
09-24-2011, 04:18 PM
from the outside looking in that sounds like a really good deal .. could you imagine finding a garrett detector from a yard sale and taking advanyage of that deal .. wow