PDA

View Full Version : Spread the Dirt Out Already!

milco
09-22-2011, 03:51 PM
I have not been out much in the past three or four weeks due to waning daylight, travel, work, personal commitments, dry ground, etc, etc......you get the idea! I met up with a buddy to do some hunting on Tuesday and they are doing construction at the fairgrounds in my home town.

I hope they spread the dirt out soon and I can get back up there when they do!

Tony Two-Cent
09-22-2011, 04:04 PM
How much does it cost to rent a bulldozer? lol

Ill Digger
09-23-2011, 01:00 AM
How much does it cost to rent a bulldozer? lol
I don't know :dontknow: but I can operate one :yes: lol
Hey Darren, Have you checked the piles as they are yet? :dontknow: Might not be a bad idea.
I did that once and found two wheaties. And after they spread it out I went back. I didn't find any more old coins then. Just modern stuff. :rolleyes:
It won't be too long. It'll be spread out before the freeze sets in :frozen: lol Good luck.

milco
09-23-2011, 07:15 AM
We checked all the piles on Tuesday, and did not find much, some trash and a little clad. I just got a text from my friend last night that they spread out all the dirt yesterday and went he went by after work there were two guys out there detecting.

randy
09-23-2011, 07:19 AM
I once pulled a merc from a pile of dirt they dug from in front of an old school. Definitely a possibility -- good luck with it.

aloldstuff
09-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I once pulled a merc from a pile of dirt they dug from in front of an old school. Definitely a possibility -- good luck with it.

Same thing happened to me