PDA

View Full Version : Thursday hunt with Ill Digger and Ted.

jkress
09-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Tim and I were finally able to put a hunt together. All though the planning was somewhat last minute, we still made it work.

Met him and his buddy at a park in search of some oldies. Not quite as many shinny ones as we would have liked, but everyone pulled out some old ones.

The Merc jumped in front of my digger :rolleyes: at the last minute. Nothing I could do to prevent the collision. lol

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-155.jpg

Seems to me the Illinois detectorists are some nice people. I'd certainly hunt with them again. :yes:

Fun day gentlemen, thanks for making the drive over. :beerbuddy:

Epi-hunter
09-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Hey, some nice finds!! Glad you and Tim were able to get together. You are really churning out the IH's Joe. :)

Looking forward to getting together with you and Tim in October. :happydance01:

randy
09-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Nice tribe. :clapping: Not sure what that one is, but it looks old. Its not a zincoln, is it :poke: Too bad about the merc, but as long as its not a key date, no worries.

Tony Two-Cent
09-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Very nice finds, indeed! I don't think I've ever found five Indian Heads in one day, let alone combined with a Merc and two Buffalos!

I'm always up for a road trip. Maybe someday I will get the chance to detect with some of you fine folks!

Congrats on the successful hunt!

JTGOLD
09-22-2011, 09:09 PM
thats a very nice bunch of oldies,wtg.

Viking
09-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Great finds! That would qualify as the best hunt of my life. Keep it up!

aloldstuff
09-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Excellent recoveries....that is a nice bunch of keepers....sorry about the collision between the merc and your digger. It can (should) happen to anyone. Big congrats on your hunting

milco
09-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Sweet finds, bet you guys had a great time!

Ill Digger
09-23-2011, 12:54 PM
The Merc jumped in front of my digger :rolleyes: at the last minute. Nothing I could do to prevent the collision. lol
:rolleyes: Yeah,yeah :rolleyes: likely story \:hammer: Silver murderer :poke: :poke: lol
Hey thanks for setting up the hunt on short notice Joe!! Ted and I had a good time. We seen alot of nice old places on the way there and back that need some serious attention!! :yes: :drool: If ya know what I mean ;) :drool: :daydream: We stopped at that park we were originally going to meet at on the way home. I got another wheatie there. We only had a hour to look around.... but it could be worth another visit :dontknow:
Thanks again and congrats on the nice mixed bag of finds! thumbsup01 :grin:

Mudder
09-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Sounds like you all had a great time. :tongue: :tongue: Sweet finds to even out all the fun that you had. WTG. thumbsup01

bob_e99
09-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Great assortment of wonderful coins. That is definitely a great hunt!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jkress
09-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks folks. :)

Glad you and Tim were able to get together. You are really churning out the IH's Joe. :)
Looking forward to getting together with you and Tim in October. :happydance01:

Thank you Angie. It was nice to finally meet Tim. I'm looking forward to October too. thumbsup01

Not sure what that one is, but it looks old. Its not a zincoln, is it :poke: Too bad about the merc, but as long as its not a key date, no worries.

It's an IH... barely. lol The obverse is shot, but the reverse is flawless. :dontknow:

I'm always up for a road trip. Maybe someday I will get the chance to detect with some of you fine folks!

That would be very cool to get together with you for a hunt... definitely. :yes: We'll have to try to make something work soon.

thats a very nice bunch of oldies,wtg.

Great finds! That would qualify as the best hunt of my life. Keep it up!

Thanks guys. :)

Sweet finds, bet you guys had a great time!

It was a great time. Looking forward to hooking up with a hunt with you. :yes:

:rolleyes: Yeah,yeah :rolleyes: likely story \:hammer: Silver murderer :poke: :poke: lol
Hey thanks for setting up the hunt on short notice Joe!! Ted and I had a good time. We seen alot of nice old places on the way there and back that need some serious attention!! :yes: :drool: If ya know what I mean ;) :drool: :daydream: We stopped at that park we were originally going to meet at on the way home. I got another wheatie there. We only had a hour to look around.... but it could be worth another visit :dontknow:
Thanks again and congrats on the nice mixed bag of finds! thumbsup01 :grin:

My pleasure Tim. thumbsup01 It was a great to meet with you and Ted. Glad you both pulled some keepers for your driving effort.
Ron and I went to the other park yesterday. The original place we were going to meet. Looked like a lot of that ground has been changed since
the park was originally established. I found one small area that looked undisturbed. That's where I pulled the Merc and War nickel I recently posted.

Ill Digger
09-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Ron and I went to the other park yesterday. The original place we were going to meet. Looked like a lot of that ground has been changed since
the park was originally established. Yeah thats what I was thinking too :yes: