PDA

View Full Version : 1798 Draped Bust Large Cent

sniffy
09-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Went down to HeavyMetalNuts neck of the woods today. The first sites we attempted to locate was in an area that appeared to be an old junkyard from the 50's that was cleaned up. Trash EVERYWHERE! nOT A real inviting place for a colonial detectorist. However, Just around the corner was a nice center hearth colonial cellar hole! This place has been hunted pretty heavily in the past, but I managed to squeek out this Large Cent. This old copper was laying in a pile of nails....prolly the reason it still remained. Weirdest signal ever for a copper, bouncing around all over the place...pulltab, iron, zinc, quarter...I started chucking the old spike nails into the cellar hole and was ready to cover up the hole and move on....I ran my pinpointer through the dirt just to be sure and there she was. :cheesysmile: The place was pretty quiet, I ended up pullin an old heel plate and a umbrella piece..parasail? The next couple of sites were miserable....the mosquitos were on the loose and very hungry. Once the bug sprays wears off the buffet begins. I got a nice Cloaker button to end the hunt with......I should have left the Large cent alone....I was sure it was in brilliant shape....but after the patina flaked off I soon realized she was pretty haggard. The reverse on the other hand is MINT! thanks for lookin.

del
09-24-2011, 04:24 PM
thats a very decent draped bust Jesse :clapping: :clapping: . the mosquitos were pretty tame up here today .

Dan

sniffy
09-24-2011, 05:02 PM
thats a very decent draped bust Jesse :clapping: :clapping: . the mosquitos were pretty tame up here today .

Dan
Thanks Dan. Holy cow, I had probally a couple dozen mosquitos feasing on me at once....miserable.

OxShoeDrew
09-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks Dan. Holy cow, I had probally a couple dozen mosquitos feasing on me at once....miserable.

Same here today....thought I might need a transfusion after an hour hunt. That is a nice looking coin. :clapping:

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-24-2011, 06:50 PM
nice one Jess! yeah the mosquito's were real nasty(scratchin as i type) :hairpulling:
i got 6 plain flat buttons! woo hoo! happydance02

randy
09-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Congrats on a nice LC.

Epi-hunter
09-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Congrats Jesse on a great LC :smitten:

JTGOLD
09-24-2011, 09:07 PM
very nice LC,good find.

aloldstuff
09-26-2011, 03:00 PM
I am dying to dig any draped bust anything. Congrats on a great dig.

jkress
09-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh man... she's an absolute beauty in my eyes. :smitten:
Such an early coin. :daydream: A big congrats to you.

Ill Digger
09-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Man! Another awesome find Jess!! :clapping:
I'm tellin' ya. If I ever find a coin that the date starts with 17 . :shocked04:
I hope there's someone around to call 911.... because I'm goin' down guaranteed :yes: :stretcher: lol
Keep'em comin' brother :drool:
Congrats :grin:

sniffy
09-27-2011, 04:15 AM
Man! Another awesome find Jess!! :clapping:
I'm tellin' ya. If I ever find a coin that the date starts with 17 . :shocked04:
I hope there's someone around to call 911.... because I'm goin' down guaranteed :yes: :stretcher: lol
Keep'em comin' brother :drool:
Congrats :grin:
HAHAHAHA! I don't know where your from but if you hunt the right spots enough you'll eventually come across something good. thumbsup01

tanacat
09-27-2011, 07:12 AM
:clapping: Beautiful LC!!! I'm with Tim- heart attack when I find a nice 1700's goody (besides buttons)...