PDA

View Full Version : some advice on deep indian penny's

russellt
09-24-2011, 04:43 PM
i found a deep indian penny yesterday . i was finding modern clad pennies with a vdi of 51-55 on my whites v3i. i came across a repeatable vdi of 41 -45 at 6 inches . i almost walked over it but i was intriuged so i dug it . out comes the indian. on top of the ground this indian vdi'd at 53. so dig it .....these pics are after electrolosis and some rubbing

del
09-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Hey Russelt depending no how bad your soils mineralization level , usually the deeper the target the more the vdi numbers will be skewed or lowered a bit . i always want to see the deeper targets no matter how low they are just as long as their semi-repeatable .

nice indian thumbsup01

russellt
09-24-2011, 04:58 PM
the soil at this spot was irony. lots of iron ore so i was ground balancing about every 20 minutes to keep things somewhat level. and i was swinging slow . when i watch the screen and i see continual subzero vdi's i know what the detector is going through trying to distinguish good targets from bad so i slow my roll.just my 2 cents ( wish i could find one) but it makes sense to me

jkress
09-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Nice find Russell. It appears IH's can really give a wide range of signals when mixed with other metal items and/or deep. I'm learning this as well. :yes:

anotherpulltap
10-14-2011, 11:16 PM
I cleaned my with toothpicks and agent orange ( the auto mechanic hand cleaner) and here is the result

396nova
10-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Nice work thumbsup01 If I get a repeatable audio or TID # I dig. I`m learning you can never be sure what`s down there unless you dig. As in your case, sometimes you get nicely rewarded, and sometimes not. >:{ Again, great job. :perfect10:

pulltabsteve
10-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Good digging instinct! |:cheering: