PDA

View Full Version : River bottom home place

Civil War Nut
09-24-2011, 10:24 PM
I went back to where I found the 1868 nickle last week on the river bottom bluffs . It is also a beautiful place to hunt and smells good too . These vines are covered up in flowers . So here it is , piece of lead , parts of indian rocks , part of pewter spoon or fork , gold plated buckle or something , brad with leather in it , 1848-o half dime with hole of course , and penny no date . Enjoy and good luck to all .

OxShoeDrew
09-25-2011, 03:42 AM
I wonder why the dime hole is on the side, not on top. We drove through TN this summer and noticed a lot of those vines. They look invasive. You had a very nice hunt. Thanks. :groovy:

Spiderwort
09-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I wonder why the dime hole is on the side, not on top. We drove through TN this summer and noticed a lot of those vines. They look invasive. You had a very nice hunt. Thanks. :groovy:

The vines are Kudzu and you are very correct. They are very invasive. Some people call it the plant that ate the south.

jkress
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
:shocked04: You have really been consistently finding some nice stuff lately CWN. |:confused:) :clapping:
There have been lots of great coins and especially relics you have posted lately.
Great work and more importantly keep posting. :->
Love the Half Dime here. :smitten:

Ill Digger
09-25-2011, 11:34 PM
:shocked04: What! Another half dime!! :envious:
Alright! That's it! :eyebrow: I see I'm going to have to go down to Tennessee if I ever want to find a half dime! :dontknow: lol
How many is that so far this year CWN?
And those vines are just what I need :yes: I'll plant them next to my neighbors garage thumbsup01 That way I won't have to look at it :barf: lol
Another great hunt and post!
Love the pics thumbsup01
Congrats on your finds! :grin:

aloldstuff
09-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Great finds, your pictures look great. To bad about the hole in you seated. Congrats on your recoveries

JTGOLD
09-27-2011, 11:17 AM
hole in half dime,,BUMMER,,it stills silver and some neat finds,wtg.