PDA

View Full Version : a different kind of silver today

randy
01-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Went back to a site in the woods that had given up some nice coppers in the past, but 2.5 hours of swinging netted only one common wheat.

Did, however, find this piece of a spoon, which tests as silver, tho a bit less than 925 if I'm reading the acid right. I take the silver however I can get it.

RickO
01-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Looking at that spoon, the other piece should not be far away. Good luck, RickO

coinnut
01-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Nice silver spoon. We don't find many but it always seems like we get only the bowl parts :confused: Silver is silver, and that beats the wheat anyday thumbsup01

del
01-26-2010, 04:37 PM
hey Randy i just found a piece just like yours ( part of the bowl to a solid silver spoon ) they were usually made of coin silver ( melted down silver coins probably spanish reales) and close to about 90% silver . i have only found one complete solid silver spoon , they are pretty rare to come by . silver is silver and a good find no matter what shape of form it nay be in ,congrats.

Dan

angellionel
01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I definitely would take that silver any day. I found one two years ago at a meadow. They sure do sound sweet.

John M
01-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Hey that is a nice find Randy.Not your ordinary run of the mill type of spoon.Congrats on the silver.