PDA

View Full Version : Rain, rain.........Don't Go Away!!

milco
09-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Finally! We have gotten some solid rain all day yesterday and today. I have not been able to hunt yards or parks for two months. With this rain and the cooler temps, it's shaping up for some good hunts in the next couple months. Was hoping to get out this weekend, but I'll take the rain so I can get on some yards that I have had lined up since June that I have not been able to hunt since it has been so dry.

JTGOLD
09-25-2011, 07:43 PM
I hear ya,the ground is starting to soften up a little bit here too.

jkress
09-25-2011, 11:12 PM
:yes: :yes: :yes:
We had a nice down pour here for a while today. Tomorrow is looking nice and wet too. thumbsup01
It will definitely repair some of the ground I've been hunting and wanting to get back too, as well as getting the ground nice and moist for fall hunting. :clapping:

bob_e99
09-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Judging from my last hunt, I can see the benefit to having moist soil. The E-Trac felt like it was turbo-charged. Not having detected last fall, short of a frost, how does cold weather affect the soil?

Thanks.

Ill Digger
09-26-2011, 01:05 PM
It's been pouring here since last night >:\ But thats OK we needed it :yes: thumbsup01
Should help with those deeper oldies! :drool: :drool:

Epi-hunter
09-26-2011, 07:42 PM
It poured here all day and all night last night :happydance01: (I like the rain, but unfortunately I like to stay in bed when it rains :rolleyes: )

I am so glad for the cooler weather and moist soil. Season is just starting for me.

OxShoeDrew
09-27-2011, 07:18 PM
The ground is saturated here. >:\ Trees are falling , no wind. Spent 3 hours of my detectin' time clearing a tree Saturday >:(

396nova
09-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Rain is good, but I have had enough. After a 1-1/2 months of no rain, now 4 since Saturday. I just got permission to hunt two 100+ year old farm sites, and because of the rain have been unable to hunt these sites. I like the softer soil, but time is running out for my detecting season. It won`t belong before the ground is hard and covered in white stuff here in Wisconsin.

milco
09-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Yup, that's enough already now! The ground is primed and moist for the rest of the season, now we need some sun and mild days.

Ill Digger
09-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Yup, that's enough already now! The ground is primed and moist for the rest of the season, now we need some sun and mild days.
Hey !! It finally stopped raining! It only took 4 days lol
Yep the ground is nice and soft now :yes:
You know what that means right?............MUD! lol
Oh well... :dontknow:..... it's better than chipping through concrete like dirt lol thumbsup01