PDA

View Full Version : Possibly my best hunt to date

bob_e99
09-25-2011, 07:11 PM
We have been stuck in a pattern of rain for quite a few days and I have tried to get out between showers. Unfortunately I have had four or five really awful hunts with nothing but mosquito bites and a lot of crap to show for it. Today (Sunday) was humid but rain free so I started out by going to a place where I use to fish as a kid but the awful luck seemed to continue. On my way to my backup site, I stopped at a park that I have hunted before and figured I would give it another shot. I don't know if the stars were all aligned but it was for me a pretty good hunt. I came up with 16 quarters, 30 dimes, 96 pennies (2 wheat 1910 and 1945), a token, a silver ring (925) and a silver something (I'm pretty sure it's silver because it was down about 4 or 5 inches and came out clean like a silver coin would and it rang up on the E-trac like silver). Apologies for the quality of the pictures. I didn't have good lighting and I couldn't wait to post.

[attachimg=1]

The wheat:

[attachimg=2]

The token:

[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]

The silver thingy:

[attachimg=5]
[attachimg=6]

The ring:

[attachimg=7]

And the dime that made the day .... <: <: <:

[attachimg=8]
[attachimg=9]

I may have screamed like a young girl at a Justin Bieber concert when I found this. :embarrassed:
I also want to thank all the people on this site who encouraged me to keep going. I guess I can't whine any more about 19th century silver.

Thanks all.

rsarge1
09-25-2011, 07:22 PM
awesome wtg :perfect10:

JTGOLD
09-25-2011, 07:32 PM
thats a very nice seated dime and a neat looking silver thingy,thats a good hunt in my book,wtg.

milco
09-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Excelletn hunt and congrats on the seated silver, that's a beauty!

Tony Two-Cent
09-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Spectacular hunt and that seated dime is AWESOME! Huge congrats on finding that terrific coin! I don't blame you one bit for getting excited about that one!

Fantastic! |:confused:)

jkress
09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
<: <: <:
Very, very nice hunt. Lots of nice targets to dig. But... the Seated is the shinning star in this big group. :smitten:
A big congrats to you... especially on the Seated.

z118
09-26-2011, 06:37 AM
That's a lot of digs... and that dime is spectacular!!!

randy
09-26-2011, 07:58 AM
Congrats on all those digs, and especially the seated.

Ill Digger
09-26-2011, 10:49 AM
And the dime that made the day .... <: <: <:
That dime would've made my day too!! :yes: thumbsup01
Heck, that beautiful little dime would've made anyone's day! lol :yes: :clapping:
Nice find!
Congrats !! :grin:

I may have screamed like a young girl at a Justin Bieber concert when I found this. :embarrassed: :thinkingabout: We won't revoke your Man Card in this instance \:hammer: It's very understandable. :yes: lol

aloldstuff
09-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Great dime, is that your oldest american silver? Sounds like a great hunt. Congrats on all your recoveries.

bob_e99
09-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Great dime, is that your oldest american silver? Sounds like a great hunt. Congrats on all your recoveries.

My one and only 19th century silver, so yes, it's my oldest. :yes:

Thanks all for your very kind comments. The high from finding my first seated hasn't worn off yet. :happydance01: