PDA

View Full Version : Tired of glamorous posts?

Cheap Thrills
09-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Well you've come to the right place . lol This represents 4 hours on 2 hunts at 1 spot using 2 different detectors .This is from a large dirtpile that had been flattened . This spot had previously given me a 54s Roosie a couple of wheats and a little clad with even yet another different detector .I had went over the capped gas pipe and the copper tubing and fittings before but always passed them up finally curiosity got the best of me .The brown turd like object is a half a horseshoe .The clad dime is 71 as is the memorial and the heavily oxidized wheat looks like it may be 1916 . Also found a few coke cans ,screw tops and 1 rotten zinc . I really hit this place hard >:tongue: and I figure any newer spot I find is going to beat this and my older spots which I have been hunting . However , if after any significant rains come I may end up hitting this spot again with my explorer. :thinkingabout: I have never been able to find out where the dirt is brought in from at this location but about a year and a half ago a smaller dirt pile at this location gave me a 1908 (no S) Indian and half of an old lead soldier .

:groovy:

bob_e99
09-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Have I ever been there, done that and have the 'T' shirt. The bullet is interesting since I've been finding quite a few and was wondering how many other people have found. And no offense, but I am just a tad relieved to see that I'm not the only one pulling out the junk. For a while judging from all the great finds being posted, I was thinking that I was the designated trash collector. lol

JTGOLD
09-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Have I ever been there, done that and have the 'T' shirt. The bullet is interesting since I've been finding quite a few and was wondering how many other people have found. And no offense, but I am just a tad relieved to see that I'm not the only one pulling out the junk. For a while judging from all the great finds being posted, I was thinking that I was the designated trash collector. lol

I find my share of junk too as I am just about to take my copper and brass to the recyclers,and thats about 18 lbs.worth,,,,good finds in thoes piles of dirt,good job.

aloldstuff
09-26-2011, 02:49 PM
I can dig my fair share of junk. I will keep the copper, brass, bronze items and when I think I have enough I'll turn it into a scrap yard..

Ill Digger
09-26-2011, 03:33 PM
It ain't all that bad :dontknow: You got yourself a wheat thumbsup01
And I dig the Red, White & Blue marble! thumbsup01 :cool:
Congrats :grin:

Epi-hunter
09-26-2011, 07:19 PM
That looks just like my last two hunts :happydance01: Thanks for posting it!

SeabeeRon
09-26-2011, 07:39 PM
I like how you keep it real buddy!! :clapping: :beerbuddy:

milco
09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Not tired of them, but like it was said, thanks for the dose of reality!

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-27-2011, 08:32 PM
i just brought back 57 pounds of copper and 20 pounds of brass $175 smackaroos! :groovy:

bob_e99
09-28-2011, 05:53 AM
i just brought back 57 pounds of copper and 20 pounds of brass $175 smackaroos! :groovy:

:shocked03:

OK... I definitely need to re-think collecting some of this stuff. While I was aware of gold prices, I didn't realize just how much the cost of other metal has gone up.

tanacat
09-28-2011, 10:57 AM
rofl I love your title lol

I just got $50.40 for my 5 gallon bucket of scrap copper, $48.00 last year... That marble is a great score |:cheering: Hey remember I showed you my collection of marbles a while back and you asked about that one w/porous material swirled in it. I never showed a different angle/close up. You thought it might be valuable? :cheesysmile: I'll PM you a pic later today.

russellt
09-28-2011, 07:16 PM
some of my recent hunts have been just as unglamorous.. at least ya got out and you found something .. i like the bulletts

Cheap Thrills
09-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks all for your posts and encouragement. I have been saving my copper , brass and lead for recycling I just haven't collected enough to bring it in yet . Compared to my hunts of the last couple of days this WAS a glamorous hunt . lol

Tana send the picture of the marble when you get a chance and I'll give it a shot . thumbsup01

thumbsup01

tanacat
09-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Tana send the picture of the marble when you get a chance and I'll give it a shot . thumbsup01

thumbsup01 :yes: Right now before I forget (again) lol

CyberSage
09-29-2011, 05:52 PM
It's not always about what you find! It's about how you go about digging it up, and you Sheik do it with a lot of class. ;)

Cheap Thrills
09-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Thank you Jack your compliment means a lot to me .

Evan/tn
10-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Yep looks like a lot of my hunts too :beerbuddy: but ya never know if ya don't go.