PDA

View Full Version : V3i Pinpoint Audio And Depth Changes:huh:

MartinL
09-26-2011, 03:58 PM
This may not be crutial to PP, but I find it a bother when looking for clean ground to GB over. While running the 10&quot:grin:2 coil, way in back on house and powerlines for EMI sanity, with a fresh GB, it seeks the buried target just fine, PPs OK, then If I hold the trigger on PP for several seconds over the target, the audio tone whines higher and higher, and the depth(6 1/4 in this case) decays to 5 1/2. If you continue to hold the trigger and make like you are looking for a clean spot of ground again out next to the target, and over your KNOWN clean spot where you just GB-d, the threshold tone stays elevated. Its a problem in seeking clean ground because once the V3i jumps across junk in the ground for an extended piece of time, this elevation in tone kicks in as long as you continue to hold the trigger, which is the protocol for sweeping to find clean dirt,,,nothing corrects it besides starting all over again.

I also noticed this in air tests at waist level, trigger pull gave a mellow hum and then the runaway audio begins in 5-10 seconds and increases slowly but steadily. I have ran sensitivity down, ran TX Boost with DS @ 4, all of which I suspect has nothing to do with AM. Some improvement, small though. I also run LockTrak if that means anything. The coil tests fine at waist level and RX15. TX Boost on and 12 is also good. It will runaway in audio given enough time on the trigger pull.

If this AM behavior is understandable let me know. It is is an anomoly and correctable, let me know that also. Maybe I'm asking the V3i too much to sample AM for 15-60 seconds, but it sometimes takes 15+ seconds to find a clean spot to GB. Tia. martin

Vito
09-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Batteries!?

MartinL
09-27-2011, 03:31 AM
Nope, brand new set. martin

How 'bout people here with the V3i using the 10&quot:grin:2 coil, actually try holding the coil waist high, pull the PP trigger, and hold it for an entire 30 seconds. Does the audio not increase? Pinpoint an actual target in the ground, hold the PP trigger for an extra 30 seconds after aquisition. Then while still holding the trigger, sweep away with the coil. Does your audio null, or stay humming? Using the 10 D2 for this test is premier.

Just trying tp isolate if I have a bad D2 coil. martin