PDA

View Full Version : Can you embed YouTube videos?

OkieDigger
10-27-2009, 04:28 PM
The simple answer is YES!

The preferred method: All a member has to do is copy and paste the embed code from YouTube into his/her post without any additional changes or BB coding, and it will show the video for playing once the post is completed.

OR

You can create a Gallery for yourself and load the video link as a new item. Then use the bbc embed code [smg id=XX type=av] (without the quotes) in your post to add the video.

Thanks to Angel for installing the Avea mod!

bmattioli
10-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey Dale can you provide a link? Love watching those. Your last one that Steve sent me was good..

Bruce

OkieDigger
10-27-2009, 07:21 PM
If you meant a link to our video, it's in the Road Trip! thread from a few days ago. Just scroll down.

Snowy
10-27-2009, 07:55 PM
There is a mod for this programming that will do it as well so all you need is the web addy of the video. Not sure if it's something Angellionel wants to use for his own reasons, but it's called Avea.

bmattioli
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM
If you meant a link to our video, it's in the Road Trip! thread from a few days ago. Just scroll down.

Oh yea, Thanks man!

Bruce

OkieDigger
10-27-2009, 09:03 PM
There is a mod for this programming that will do it as well so all you need is the web addy of the video. Not sure if it's something Angellionel wants to use for his own reasons, but it's called Avea.

I do believe he's looking into that, but this was just a quick work around until that happens. It's pretty simple to do as long as you don't mind creating a gallery.

Snowy
10-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Yup. I gotcha Okie. Figured as much.

Epi-hunter
10-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks Donna :) I had mentioned that mod to him before but forgot the name, but that is it. He needs to install it.

angellionel
10-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks Donna :) I had mentioned that mod to him before but forgot the name, but that is it. He needs to install it.

Sure, just keep adding to the list. :grin:

Epi-hunter
10-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Sure, just keep adding to the list. :grin:

I'm dead :grin:

OkieDigger
10-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Update: Angel has installed Avea making it as simple as ever to have embedded videoes. Thanks!

The new instructions are in the original post. thumbsup01

MNDigger
10-30-2009, 06:48 PM
That will definately make it easier to embed those vids. I would really like to see some more on the site!