PDA

View Full Version : COLONIAL INN SITE GIVES UP MORE

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-27-2010, 05:22 PM
spent 4 hours at this old colonial inn site.in the past this site has given up a few large coppers .squeaked out this 1865 2 cent piece.2 buttons.one is a tombac button and a old brass wedding band.
it was so nice out today i had to get out.no frost at all after the rain and mild temps!

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-27-2010, 05:23 PM
more pics

coinnut
01-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Just couldn't sit home, could you lol Nice little 2cent'r :yes: I bet it was a nice day out. Not a lot of relics but some nice ones. How much iron did ya have to dig?? I got one of those clock frames last time out too. Nice hunt.

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Just couldn't sit home, could you lol Nice little 2cent'r :yes: I bet it was a nice day out. Not a lot of relics but some nice ones. How much iron did ya have to dig?? I got one of those clock frames last time out too. Nice hunt.

lol nah i'm like you.can't stay in when theres detecting to do! a few pieces of iron,really didn't stay all that long but i'm sure if i put 8 hrs in i woulda had a lot more iron to show for it.
yeah i saw your clock guts last hunt!
gonna go out friday with mikey.the sun bum is back from florida :yes:

coinnut
01-27-2010, 05:39 PM
gonna go out friday with mikey.the sun bum is back from florida :yes:

Mikeeeee...... Come on Mikeee, smile for the cameras :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: :cheesysmile: Hope you guys do good. I'm plannin' on getting skunked at this Saturday's hunt. Trying something new :confused:

RickO
01-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Nice two cent piece. What metal is the wedding band? Did not see it cleaned up. RickO

angellionel
01-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Nice 2-center, Dave. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Nice two cent piece. What metal is the wedding band? Did not see it cleaned up. RickO

the ring is brass and won't clean up anymore.it's old and pitted

MassDirtFisher
01-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Looks like you had quite a good day hunting!! Congrats on your finds. Happy Hunting!!

bmattioli
01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Nice two cent piece Dave, nice clear date.. That Spectrum still does the job for you..

Epi-hunter
01-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Beautiful two cent piece :)

del
01-27-2010, 08:33 PM
wow , now you moonlighting on Jesse :huh: you guys kinda have a love hate relationship don't ya . lol :poke: lol . hey ithought you said that place was pretty pick over :confused: :confused: don't look like it to me buddy :-\ . very decent two center ya got and the wedding band is a cool personal item they do buff out to be nice and shiney , just use a brass brush on it and it will come out just make sure there is not any very light designs on it first or engravings. congrats Dave

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-27-2010, 08:38 PM
wow , now you moonlighting on Jesse :huh: you guys kinda have a love hate relationship don't ya . lol :poke: lol . hey ithought you said that place was pretty pick over :confused: :confused: don't look like it to me buddy :-\ . very decent two center ya got and the wedding band is a cool personal item they do buff out to be nice and shiney , just use a brass brush on it and it will come out just make sure there is not any very light designs on it first or engravings. congrats Dave

Dan

thanks Dan!
this site is frustrating because of all the new junk in the hole & around the hole.i found the 2 center just behind the inn hole amongst a bunch of junk.the tombac was closer to the rd where you always parked the jeep. so much new garbage because it's so close to the road it's crazy.
but i was patient and kept workin it.the open areas away from hole are pretty much signaless.
i used a brass brush on it.its pitted pretty badly and just a plain band.

hey he snuck in a hunt on me yesterday..paybacks a bish :beatdown:
nah he couldn't get out today.gonna take smiley to my sites friday.see if we can squeek out some more coppers :confused:

John M
01-28-2010, 05:53 AM
Nice handfull of finds.There is always something left at sites you just have to try different approaches.