PDA

View Full Version : New from Connecticut!

Snapolson
10-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Howdy! I'm new to the forum and I'm in the New Haven area of CT. I've been detecting since May 2011. Hope to share some of my future finds with you all. Thanks. HH! |:cheering:

del
10-02-2011, 10:30 AM
well hello Snapolson , welcome to the forum ;) your among quite a few of us Connecticut hobbyists here . what kind of detector do you use and what are some of your best finds so far?? glad to have you here .

Dan

Snapolson
10-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks Dan! I'd love to meet personally with some of the CT folks maybe on some future hunts. I'm around if anyone wants to hunt in the region together. Anyway, my best find is a 1798 Draped Bust Large Cent I found hunting a private school recently. I've also found a couple of buffalo nickels, many wheat cents, and an Indian Head penny from 1905. I've yet to find any silver. They are proving to be very elusive. I'm currently borrowing a Minelab Xterra 505 from New England Metal Detectors to try out. I'm hoping to have some better luck with it. I plan on uploading photos of my best finds to my album soon, so be sure to check back. Also, I have a Youtube channel where I have posted a few hunting videos.

Check 'em out here: http://www.youtube.com/snapolson

Thanks again for the welcome. I look forward to being part of the forum!

Epi-hunter
10-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi and welcome!

Yes, lots of CT folks here. Looking forward to seeing your finds! thumbsup01

Angie

OxShoeDrew
10-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Welcome Snapolson...from a fellow nutmegger. I'll check out your videos. Have a great fall season and post! |:cheering:

lee
10-02-2011, 01:30 PM
oi oi and welcome mate,good to have you here the more the merrier....and being the new boy its your turn to get the beers in.......mines a pint of wife beater.......cheers !!!!!!

Mudder
10-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Hello from southern Mississippi and welcome aboard. thumbsup01

Jeff (or)
10-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Howdy from Oregon! :beerbuddy: :cool:

Tony Two-Cent
10-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the forum! It seems like there are several members here that are from CT. Lots of history in that area and great stuff just waiting to be found!

Can't wait to see the results of your hunts!

aloldstuff
10-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Welcome from western ma. Glad you are here and can't wait to see your posts.

pulltabsteve
10-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing some of your finds. If you are new to metal detecting, I hope you don't have many plans for the next 30 years... Its a very addicting hobby! |:cheering: