PDA

View Full Version : Merc, V, Buffalo and a token

jkress
10-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Made it back to 'Seated' park this morning for a few hours of searching. Targets are getting harder to find
than when I first stepped foot at this site. But, once again the park rewarded me for my efforts.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-159.jpg

Also found a neat token.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-160.jpg

This park surprisingly held many nice coins that made for some very fun hunts since the first week of August.
To date, here is what I have pulled out:
Seated Dimes = 4
Barber Dimes = 9
Mercury Dimes = 5
Shield Nickel = 1
V Nickels = 7
Buffalo Nickels = 6
Indian Heads = 33

After I check out two more small town, out of the way parks on my list... I plan on focusing my efforts at a couple of
old properties that I finally received permission to hunt last week. I've been spending the majority of my time at parks and churches this
season and I am looking forward to getting back on some home sites. Coins are always fun to dig, but I just don't
find many relics in the parks here. I've always had more luck in old yards for interesting relics. :yes:

Tony Two-Cent
10-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Good variety of old coins with this hunt, Joe, and that token is really cool! I have never seen one like it. You certainly have pulled a good number of spectacular finds from that park! Four seated dimes, WOW!

|:confused:)

Ill Digger
10-02-2011, 10:15 PM
:shocked04: There's one!!! :clapping: You've been slackin' on your tokens Joe \:hammer: lol
Another cool one too :cool: A 5ยข cigar one! lol Thats cool! thumbsup01
I just love finding those old trade tokens :smitten: :daydream:
That old park sure has been good to ya! :yes: thumbsup01 I can't complain either! |:cheering: lol
Great group of goodies!
Congrats! :grin:

dave in iowa
10-02-2011, 10:22 PM
You are a master Joe , great finds...........

aloldstuff
10-03-2011, 12:13 PM
|:confused:), You're post are getting me excited. Keep going

wingmaster
10-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Congrats on the silver and other oldies.

milco
10-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Great finds again at that park! That has been a good park for you!

pulltabsteve
10-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Nothing like a good 5 cent cigar! Great saves Joe |:cheering: