PDA

View Full Version : Couple hundred coins, silver ring

z118
10-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Work has been pretty all-consuming lately... so much so that I only managed one short hunt over the last two weeks of September. I finally got a break this weekend though. It was rainy and cold and overcast - but between showers it was pretty much perfect for hitting the tot lots. So I hunted a bunch of them on Saturday and Sunday, and did alright. I squeezed in one quick hunt in the dirt too; hoping for silver but settling for 4 wheats, a 1955 Mexican 1 centavo, a big copper slug which had me thinking large cent (but I doubt it ever was), and a nice silver ring with 6 red stones and what I think is a moonstone cabachon. Total for the weekend was 256 coins worth $18.56 plus the usual keys, tokens, trinkets, and junk.

The cool fall weather sure is great... being outside on those gloomy overcast days with geese honking as they fly overhead and the smell of wet leaves and the colors in the trees... it's just nice. Beats the heck out of staring at spreadsheets at work.

Happy hunting!

JTGOLD
10-02-2011, 09:59 PM
very pretty ring and good coin count,wtg.

jkress
10-02-2011, 10:21 PM
That's a lot of digging. :yes: But well worth the effort.
A great big bump to your yearly clad count. You did get a nice variety of stuff over the weekend.
The silver ring is a nice one. :smitten: Congrats on the wheats too.
Glad to see you were able to spend some quality time with your detector.

Ill Digger
10-02-2011, 10:26 PM
256 coins! thumbsup01 Wow! Almost 20 bucks in clad! Now thats some serious hunting Z!! :shocked04: :yes: thumbsup01
You were seriously making up for some lost time there weren't ya! lol
I really like the ring too! What do you think the little reddish colored stones are? Garnets maybe? :dontknow: Really nice find! :drool:
Glad to hear ya got some swing time in finally :clapping:
Congrats on all the goodies! :grin:
Oh... and another well layed out shot of your finds! :clapping: In true Z fashion! :cool: thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
10-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Nice going on all the coinage and the very cool silver ring . |:cheering:

BillZ
10-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Man Z, you must hunt at warp speed! lol

Incredible amount of clad. I also like the ring.

CyberSage
10-03-2011, 09:01 AM
That's a huge take. My back is getting sore just looking at the picture. lol Glad you finally got some swing time in Z. Thanks for sharing.

Jack

aloldstuff
10-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Glad you finally got out and what a haul. congrats

bob_e99
10-03-2011, 05:40 PM
My head is swimming from the coin count. The ring is really nice.

|:cheering: