PDA

View Full Version : Another Park Yields Silver

angellionel
01-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Today I decided to try out a different Connecticut park located not far from the one I have been working the past few times out. This particular park tends to be stingy with its treasure though - last year I dug up 20 silver coins from there. But there is still silver to be found, even if sparse. I did manage six silver coins during today's hunt; three Roosevelt dimes, two mercury dimes, and one Canadian quarter.

The quarter is dated 1965.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/January/silvercoins_012710.jpg

The wheat cents at this park do tend to hold up a bit better.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/January/wheatsandtoken_012710.jpg

HH!

coinnut
01-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Nice silver hunt Angel :yes: They seem to be newer there, but still gave up two Mercs. Did you reach 100 yet :lol: Some of those Wheats look newer too. But it gave up a lot of silver in one trip considering last year's totals at that park. I knew you couldn't resist the weather around here. :lol:

Epi-hunter
01-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Nice silver... I like the Canadian quarter :) And the wheats aren't nearly as crusty as the ones at your other park ;)

angellionel
01-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Nice silver hunt Angel :yes: They seem to be newer there, but still gave up two Mercs. Did you reach 100 yet :lol: Some of those Wheats look newer too. But it gave up a lot of silver in one trip considering last year's totals at that park. I knew you couldn't resist the weather around here. :lol:

It's an interesting park. Most of the silver I pulled from there last year were Barber and mercury dimes. But certain sections tend to yield mostly modern silver, like Roosevelt dimes.

Nice silver... I like the Canadian quarter :) And the wheats aren't nearly as crusty as the ones at your other park ;)

The wheat cents do hold up well at this park. The other park eats them up. :bummer:

del
01-27-2010, 08:17 PM
each time more silver than the last hunt , thats quite an accomplishment Angel
great looking Canadian quarter .very sweet hunt.

see there George ever since you said something about his limited number of silver he was finding he has only found more each time . i can hear the steam comming out of other nearby park hunters ears and its all because of you. you might as well paint a big target on your back now just to let everyone know he's the guy with the long hair and not the the short haired guy :lol: :lol: :tongue:

angellionel
01-27-2010, 08:26 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, Dan!

bmattioli
01-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Nice to see you took advantage of this weather and scored more Silver.. I don't know, you might squeeze Connecticut out of all the Silver left.. :crying02: :lol:

MassDirtFisher
01-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Congrats on your silver hoard!! Looks like you scored a bunch of wheats as well. Happy Hunting!!

RickO
01-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Nice silver finds Angel....RickO

handyman
01-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Nice silver. Great day.

John M
01-30-2010, 02:29 PM
A six pack of silver is a good day.There are plenty more parks in Ct if you start to venture south.

angellionel
01-30-2010, 03:27 PM
A six pack of silver is a good day.There are plenty more parks in Ct if you start to venture south.

I plan to do that this year actually. :) Let me know if you ever want to hit any of those parks for a couple of hours, though I think right now the cellar hole bug has bitten you solidly. :lol: I do plan to do several of those too at sites down my way. :yes:

hoser
01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
You will break your own record this year Angel. You sure are off to a great start thats for sure. Well done.

randy
01-31-2010, 09:08 AM
Nice silver Angel. Just don't come too far south :lol: (in all seriousness, if anyone finds themselves in my neck of the woods, feel free to PM me).

Schrecky
01-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Great finds, with all our snow those make me drool. Minus 8 degrees this morning.

ProPointer
02-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey Angel, nice to see the silver now! Once again, epic hunt! I'm always in awe with you! Wish my luck was a good as yours, but I can only dream....