PDA

View Full Version : one more,,,1850's church.

JTGOLD
10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
got my car back,brakes went out and had new ones put on,so I got back out to the old church,two hours and one coin,it's getting to be very slim pickin out there,but it was an
1873 with arrows seated half dime.I was putting my detector in the car and a guy walked up to me and asked if that thing would find pennys and I said sure will then he started telling me a story of when he was a kid 7 or 8 years old his uncle would come over their place on the 4th of july for a big family get together,after awhile he would gether all the kids out in the back yard and then toss a big handful of pennys in the air and told them what they found they could keep,he also said he done this for 9 years till he passed away.he told me to come over and hunt his yard but I had to agree if I found any pennys that fit in his penny book I would let him buy them,I said lets do it.gave him a ride home about a 100 yards down the road. started hunting the back yard and 4 hours later I had to quit,was to tired to go any longer,there were 21 pennys that fit in his book and I just gave them to him,he said come back and hunt any time,you can see my take on the wheats,,a total of 93 wheats,,one seated,,and 15 clad,,,now I know why I was so tired,oh almost forgot,,half lb of beer tabs too,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for looking and ,,,HH out there.

pulltabsteve
10-03-2011, 04:12 PM
WTG JT |:cheering: Love the 1/2 dime. <: Cool story about the pennies. Too bad the uncle didnt throw silver :yes:

Jeff (or)
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Great story, JT!! Sweet half dime. Can't wait to see what you find on the next hunt there!! :cool:

Viking
10-03-2011, 05:33 PM
That's cool all the way around. Probably took him back to his younger days, and you got to do a little diggin! Way to go JT. :clapping:

wingmaster
10-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Congrats on the half dime, I still need to get one of those myself.

bob_e99
10-03-2011, 05:38 PM
:wow:

That's is a great story with terrific results. You are definitely having some great hunts.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Ill Digger
10-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Slim pickin's or not :dontknow: It's probably worth another visit! :yes: thumbsup01
Sweet half dime!! :drool:
Congrats !! :grin:
And that was cool of that guy to turn you onto the wheat field in his back yard! thumbsup01 lol

Cheap Thrills
10-03-2011, 07:23 PM
:wow: Great going on the Half Dime , the Wheats and the clad .Just reading about all you dug makes my body ache . :stretcher: Good going !! :perfect10: thumbsup01

Spike
10-03-2011, 07:39 PM
You are on a roll |:confused:) hope your luck continues :beerbuddy: I love thoses half dimes :smitten:

Epi-hunter
10-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Great story and beautiful find!! Worth a few more visits for sure.

You have really scored at this location. Congrats JT!!! <:

jkress
10-03-2011, 09:17 PM
JT... you the man!! |:confused:)
You've been just hammering the old silver. Keep it up. There's definitely a few more at the church waiting for you.

skribnodsister
10-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow JT, that half dime is awesome- would love to find one of them myself and holy pennies what a great day you had!

milco
10-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Wow, nice on on pulling that half dime out that church! And those wheats, cool story, and that is lots of diggin'!

aloldstuff
10-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Sorry to hear you ONLY got a half dime. That site has been wonderful to you and there is still more, I can feel it. :perfect10: