PDA

View Full Version : Screen cover

kurtnks
01-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi All, Do any of you E-Trac owners use a Zagg screen cover? I just ordered one,looked like a good product.HH--Kurt

deltacornbread
01-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Got a cover for the etrac from Kellyco and it makes the screen very hard to see. Where are you getting the Zag cover from?

coinnut
01-28-2010, 05:23 PM
I got the Zagg cover for my E Trac...screen and sides (small). It was great until I got bug spray on it. Kind of cloudy now. SO... don't get any bug spray on it lol lol One of these days, I'll try acetone or similar to see if it releases the bug spray. I may just melt the plastic too :rolleyes: I liked it when I first put it on. It covered the screen and buttons. I get a lot of dirt on it and it just wiped off. My DFX has it on the screen and the whole control box. I sent my DFX in, so they could computer design the prototype and they sent it back with the whole control box covered too. thumbsup01 SWEET. Just Google ZAGG, Deltacornbread, it should pop up. Just so you know, it's not a cover like the ones we are used to. it's more like a decal that sticks to the screen.

kurtnks
01-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks for reply coinnut :) I will try to keep the bug spray away :yes: I try to anyway becouse of a problem I had with my explorer screen :ticked: The Zagg cover looked pretty tough,even ordered one for my I-Pod touch ;) Could'nt find one for my F75 though crying01 Oh by the way--don't use acetone on it,you will be sorry :mad: try a car wax or DVD type pollish--HH--Kurt

deltacornbread
01-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Deltacornbread, it should pop up. Just so you know, it's not a cover like the ones we are used to. it's more like a decal that sticks to the screen.
[/quote]
Cool, sounds like what I want! :)

Epi-hunter
01-30-2010, 05:03 PM
That's a great idea. I use a typical rain cover on mine all the time, rain and shine, to keep it from dirt and water. I want the protection of the display cover so I will most likely keep doing this, even though it does make the display hard to read sometimes.

I have intended to put a Zagg cover on my iphone, but I can't manage to hold onto a phone long enough to do so before I either lose or destroy it. :bangahead01: (Sidenote: It is expensive to replace lost iphones. I have lots of first hand experience. :rolleyes: )

coinnut
01-30-2010, 06:11 PM
I have intended to put a Zagg cover on my iphone, but I can't manage to hold onto a phone long enough to do so before I either lose or destroy it. :bangahead01: (Sidenote: It is expensive to replace lost iphones. I have lots of first hand experience. :rolleyes: )

I would suggest a rather large chain with an alarm system attached to it, so you won't lose it. If you encase it in Plexiglas, you won't break it. :poke: :poke: Or...... you could just be more careful ;)

kurtnks
01-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Speaking of lost phones :rolleyes: I have a great old no longer in use park I often go to when my son wants to go fishin while I hunt (there is a nice creek there) I gave him my phone so I would'nt loose it,after a few hours I went to check on him and call the wife.Well he could'nt find it :confused: so we looked around for a few minutes and no luck,so I stuck my detecter down in the water and hit a nice signal about two foot down :ticked: yep my new phone crying01 He told me maybe I should have bought a water proof phone :poke: I reached down and un-hooked his stringer and dropped it in the water and said..opps should have bought a better stringer :tongue: don't worry he got it back..we play around like that ever day :twirlingeyes:

coinnut
01-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Speaking of lost phones :rolleyes: I have a great old no longer in use park I often go to when my son wants to go fishin while I hunt (there is a nice creek there) I gave him my phone so I would'nt loose it,after a few hours I went to check on him and call the wife.Well he could'nt find it :confused: so we looked around for a few minutes and no luck,so I stuck my detecter down in the water and hit a nice signal about two foot down :ticked: yep my new phone crying01 He told me maybe I should have bought a water proof phone :poke: I reached down and un-hooked his stringer and dropped it in the water and said..opps should have bought a better stringer :tongue: don't worry he got it back..we play around like that ever day :twirlingeyes:

lol lol lol Next time tell him to use worms instead, for bait, the fish will bite better and you can still call home to tell them about the big one that got away ;) I feel your pain. :rolleyes: I used to lose, wash, or just somehow destroy mine. I now have a drop proof, water proof (short term) phone. I lost it almost immediately rofl but found it by back tracking my steps.