PDA

View Full Version : Michigan advantage

RaZR
10-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Only a few other states have the same advantage as Michigan! We have a deposit on bottles and cans here of 10 cents. I make extra money by picking up cans and bottles left by soccer and football kids at the parks.
It's sad that the coaches and parents don't make sure the kids don't leave water bottles and other crap all over when they leave. I even got some when i was detecting in the lake. Seems the drunks throw theirs in the lake at night before they drive home. I have about 2 bucks worth in the back of my truck that i need to take in.

aloldstuff
10-05-2011, 01:28 PM
We have a 5 cent deposit on bottles here in MA. I always leave mine out with the recycling and by the morning someone has picked thru and gotten them all. Now a 10 cent deposit I would be collecting them.......

Epi-hunter
10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
There used to be a five cent deposit in Iowa (as of four years ago before I moved here). It actually did quite a bit to reduce the trash on the side of the roads.

396nova
10-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Some people can be real pig, or just too lazy to bend over and pick up their own trash. When I leave a park now, it is cleaner than when I arrived. I did hunt a new location today and was surprized to find very little trash. I have not hunted a beach cleaner than this one. They don`t even allow smoking on the beach. No cig butts. Wisconsin doesn`t have a deposit, but just imagine if they did, I would be rich.