PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Sure I Got 3 Wheaties In One Hole

Ill Digger
10-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Hey all :groovy:
I snuck out for a couple of hours tonight before the sun went down. Man it's getting dark faster and faster every night crying01
I went back to the park were I found my Barber quarter and gold ring a few weeks ago. I came home with a total of 4 (confirmed) wheaties and some other clad. But this hole was kinda fun to dig. There was a null but there was a consistent single bing that lead me to dig it. I didn't snap a picture of all the wheats together but I did get this one right after digging it.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0935.jpg
It looks to me like a 1947D and two 1943 Steelies!! :yes: thumbsup01
Kinda cool! :cool: Just thought I'd share that with everyone lol
Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone!! :grin:

Tony Two-Cent
10-05-2011, 06:02 AM
That's really cool, Tim! I'm sure you're right, those have to be 1943 steel cents. I've never found one, even by accident.

Coincidentally, Bell-Two found one in a spill earlier this week too:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=7254.0

aloldstuff
10-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Nice hole, three wheaties and two of them are steelies. I have dug over 300 wheats and only 1 of them was a steelie. Congrats

Cheap Thrills
10-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Neat !! |:cheering: the two steels look like they are wearing cammo .

:groovy:

jkress
10-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Glad you got some sunset hunting in. You are so right... not much light left at the end of the day. crying01

Those two have to be steelies. :yes: I have found a few along the way and always figured that is what they were, but you
digging two of them with another cent within the time period removes all doubt. :clapping: By the way, this is the first steel cent spill
I have ever seen posted. <: Very cool.

the two steels look like they are wearing cammo .

lol :yes:

randy
10-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Congrats on the steelies. One of the toughest finds to make.

Epi-hunter
10-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Hey, congratulations on the wheat spill; those steel cents are hard to come by! Still waiting to dig my first. Great sunset hunt! :clapping:

Bell-Two
10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Congrats on the fine hunt, I just dug my first steelie last Sunday afternoon, it was in a 6 coin spill of wheats, that is about the only way to find them. Here is a picture of them you can see where the steelie was on top of another wheatie.

[attachimg=1]

Ill Digger
10-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Neat !! |:cheering: the two steels look like they are wearing cammo .

:groovy:
lol Yeah :yes: I was worried they wouldn't show up to good with the dirt back ground. :dontknow:
But I was losing light fast and had to hurry :twirlingeyes: lol

I have dug over 300 wheats and only 1 of them was a steelie. Congrats
Thanks Al :grin: I found one other, the first summer I detected. It was with another wheatie also. But at the time I didn't know that we ahad steel pennies in 1943 :dontknow: I was pretty green at the time :envious: :yes: lol

Congrats on the fine hunt, I just dug my first steelie last Sunday afternoon, it was in a 6 coin spill of wheats, that is about the only way to find them. Here is a picture of them you can see where the steelie was on top of another wheatie.
Yep! I can see it :yes: Yeah, thats the only way we'll be able to find the steelies. Is if they're burried with some other coins that the MD will pick up. :yes:

|:confused:) Thanks for lookin' & commenting everybody! :grin:

JTGOLD
10-06-2011, 10:12 AM
neat find and good hunt.