PDA

View Full Version : stingy site surrenders walker

randy
10-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Got out this morning to hit an old abandoned house that was slated for demolition, but all it gave up was clad >{ Judging by the amount of clad I found, I figured I was first there, but where was the silver? Perhaps the owner was poor, was a coinshooter in the 80s. or had really loss-proof pockets. Who knows? Cut your losses and move on.

Didn't really have a backup plan, so I hit a nearby park that I hit once a year ago, a park that gave up a rosie on literally my first swing there, and nothing else since. Its a small park -- only half a city block -- so I figure the competition had cleaned it out, but its very trashy, and I've gotten better with the E-Trac over the past year, so I figured I'd see if I could steal one out of the trash.

Once again the this park wasn't giving it up, but I decided to hit the thin strip of grass between the sidewalk and the road. Couldn't swing without hitting 60s clad and green pennies, so I knew they hadn't hit this strip and that I was in business, and was eventually rewarded with a walker at only 2 inches :happydance01:, as well as a pretty ugly (but 9 grams happydance02) silver ring not a foot later in the strip. The walker is ugly as well (and I nailed it with my digger, figuring it was another clad, given the way it rang), but we'll take it. Not a key date, so no worries, but I haven't nicked a silver in quite some time. Oh well.

I think I pulled 3 coins from the main part of the park, and pull about $3 in clad and the walker from the 100 foot by 1 foot strip between the sidewalk. Why isn't the competition thinking outside the box? No worries, better for me. (And who am I to judge -- I didn't think outside the box the last time I was here, but at least I made a note to do so next time, and given the amount of silvers lurking in out of the box locations, its more the way I operate now).

Also pulled a couple of silvers monday and tuesday at a more generous location, but I think that is playing out :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: Its been a fine site, giving up 72 silvers since june, but all things must pass :crying02: :crying02: :crying02:

HH everyone.

milco
10-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Very nice score on those silvers! I have several parks by me that have the same thing 1-2 foot strips of grass, they have never been that productive though, very nice!

dave in iowa
10-05-2011, 05:30 PM
great finds

bob_e99
10-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Definitely some very nice finds. Way to go!

:clapping: :clapping:

Tony Two-Cent
10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Once again you bring home a nice pile of silver, Randy! Way to think outside the box! thumbsup01

I would be tempted to remove some of the tarnish from that Walker. It might make the scratch less noticeable too. Just a thought.

Nice digs! :clapping:

Epi-hunter
10-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Woa, that is some really nice silver randy!! :happydance01: Congratulations! :perfect10: :perfect10:

Nice heavy ring! Great point about thinking outside of the box. When I see other people detecting it does usually seem that many are drawn right to the middle of the nice flat grassy green areas. All the more for you... :yes:

jkress
10-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Walker... <: Nice big piece there Randy.
Yeah, at two inches I probably would have been digging a little less carefully than if that signal came from 6. :yes:
Congrats and good luck on your next outing.

wingmaster
10-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Great silver count for a cleaned out park, congrats.

aloldstuff
10-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Nice hunting and good for you on thinking outside the box. Some nice silvers, congrats.

JTGOLD
10-06-2011, 10:32 AM
very nice hit on the big silver,wtg Randy.

pulltabsteve
10-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Great hunt there Randy! Love the dirty walker |:cheering:

li tom
10-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Very nice!That shallow silver can be a real surprise,when most of the silver at a location is much deeper.I found 2 silver coins this year right on the surface!

Ill Digger
10-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Ohhh come on lol That rings not ugly \:hammer: lol It just needs a little cleanin' :yes: thumbsup01
And who would've thought there would be a Walker at 2 inches :dontknow: 8/
Oh well! You can't hardly complain about a hunt with finds like that!! thumbsup01 :clapping:
72 silvers from one place?! Wow! What a honey hole! :drool:
Nice finds Randy! :clapping:
Congrats :grin:

Cheap Thrills
10-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Awesome hunting Randy !! Nice going on all the Silver especially the Walker . :perfect10: :clapping:

:groovy: