PDA

View Full Version : Interesting little hunt

bob_e99
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Since my last post my hunts have yielded nothing but clad which wasn't worthy of posting. I did get out today to an old woods park that has been well hunted but is large enough so there is always a chance of finding something.

The clad (notice the dates on the quarters. missed silver by one year) :-\ :
[attach=1]

Tough neighborhood, they even strip the toy cars:
[attach=2]

The gun (apologies for not putting in a ruler - it's 3.5 inches long):
[attach=3]

The wheat (I seem to be increasing my wheat finds). One is a tad bent out of shape:
[attach=4][attach=5]

And a double first for me. My first silver quarter and the first time I find more than one silver coin in a hunt.
:happydance01:
[attach=6][attach=7]

I know it's not as exciting as three seated in a single hole but I'm trying ... lol

z118
10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Fantastic digs! :envious: I'm envious. The weather here has been fantastic in the evenings lately but I've been stuck at work. Glad someone's getting out though! You're clearly getting a sense of what sites will produce. Maybe you should scope out some spots in my area for your visit up here. lol

Tony Two-Cent
10-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Nothing wrong with that hunt at all! Silver quarters are so hard to come by these days, any time you can find one it's a very pleasant surprise. Nice Mercury Dime too!

By the way, your toy car is a Johnny Lightning Custom Mako Shark from 1969:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/Metal%20Detecting/Mako-Shark.jpg

Epi-hunter
10-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Congratulations on the silver!! :perfect10: :perfect10: Silver quarters are so elusive; great hunt! A two-silver day is tough to come by anymore. Like the toy gun too |:cheering:

By the way, your toy car is a Johnny Lightning Custom Mako Shark from 1969

I can't believe you were able to ID the stripped toy car :shocked04:

wingmaster
10-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Congrats on the silver, I'm happy with any silver coins on a hunt. Of course sure I like the old silver too but you can't always find it like that it shows up when it shows up.

bob_e99
10-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Fantastic digs! :envious: I'm envious. The weather here has been fantastic in the evenings lately but I've been stuck at work. Glad someone's getting out though! You're clearly getting a sense of what sites will produce. Maybe you should scope out some spots in my area for your visit up here. lol

Thank you. It's always a learning process and you taught me well. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Nothing wrong with that hunt at all! Silver quarters are so hard to come by these days, any time you can find one it's a very pleasant surprise. Nice Mercury Dime too!

By the way, your toy car is a Johnny Lightning Custom Mako Shark from 1969:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/Metal%20Detecting/Mako-Shark.jpg

Thank you Tony. I am amazed that you were able to ID the car. :shocked04: It's also amazing at the number of these things that I dig up.

Congratulations on the silver!! :perfect10: :perfect10: Silver quarters are so elusive; great hunt! A two-silver day is tough to come by anymore. Like the toy gun too |:cheering:

I can't believe you were able to ID the stripped toy car :shocked04:

Thank you, Epi-hunter. I was bushwacking when I found these so I imagine most hunters would have stayed in the clearer areas. Sometimes it pays off; other times it's just more junk.
It's a tough site to hunt as the top layer is pretty much covered by cans of various types.

Congrats on the silver, I'm happy with any silver coins on a hunt. Of course sure I like the old silver too but you can't always find it like that it shows up when it shows up.

And thanks wingmaster. I'm just like a whiny kid who wants a toy (which is old silver) but I'll play with anything. :cheesysmile:

On a final note, I also found the ashtray from a very old automobile (40's or 50's). I was hoping it was like mine and full of change but when I pried it open, unfortunately, nothing.

aloldstuff
10-06-2011, 07:07 AM
2 silvers in one hunt and one of them a quarter is :perfect10:. Congrats

JTGOLD
10-06-2011, 10:43 AM
a big congrats on the silver,very good hunt.