PDA

View Full Version : Going for coins but ended up with relics.

skribnod
10-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Went back to the field today for some coin hunting but ended up with relics instead. Still it was fun and did find a interesting button and old copper bracelet.
Thanks for looking.

Update: I just searched the net and discovered the button company was 1830's.

Tony Two-Cent
10-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Very cool old button and copper bracelet! It looks really old, and I love the design on it.

What is the object in the first photo?

Epi-hunter
10-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Same question about the object in the first photo. :yes: Great finds and I love that button!!!

jkress
10-05-2011, 09:22 PM
You found some nice relics JR. :clapping: A nice variety of items. I especially like that button.
The first piece almost looks like a vintage tongue suppressor. lol First thing that popped into mind. :rolleyes:

Good luck on the next field hunt. There's gotta be a gold coin for you to find there. Same place, right?

Ill Digger
10-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Well I guess I don't have to ask now but........what's the the thing in the first photo? :confused: lol
I can see there was a hole drilled in the side were it broke off of something. But what? :thinkingabout:
At first I was thinking a key off of a type writer. :dontknow: But in the last picture, in size comparison to the other items, it looks way to big to be that :-\ Very interesting :thinkingabout:
Nice old button too! :yes: thumbsup01
Looks like a fun hunt!
Congrats on the finds :grin:

del
10-06-2011, 04:17 AM
yes the button looks like an older early two piece (1830's-40a ) the top middle thing in the last picture is a top mechanism for an old gun powder flask |:cheering: |:cheering: and i see a large horse harness buckle too.

bob_e99
10-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Those are some very nice relics. That bracelet is really nice.

Great hunt!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

aloldstuff
10-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Nice relics, very cool old button and that bracelet looks very old. Congrats, now go back and get some coins. :grin:

JTGOLD
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
lot of neat finds,wtg.

skribnod
10-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks for replies and help with ID's. I needed help with Iding the items and after researching the net for the Button I found the company was in business in Waterburry conneticut from 1830 to 1847. The other items I had no idea what they where besides the buckle. The flask top is interesting now that I now what it is and the other piece of metal seems like it was drilled for a hinge point. It is made from copper and about the size of a quarter, kinda heavy as far a weight. Same field the coins came from and now some cool relics.

Thanks
JR