PDA

View Full Version : ever wanted a SOLID cover for the pro coil?

Jason in Enid
01-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I can't claim to be the one who discovered this, but it sure is a great idea.

This is really an 11 widescan cover for the Tesoro uMax coil. They only come in white, the one pictured was painted with a plastic-fusion black paint.

Hunting in stuble fields can be a real PIA. I can't wait to get back out with the new SOLID cover!

angellionel
01-28-2010, 09:06 PM
That cover sure would come in handy at sites where grass stubble or small fallen branches abound. Keep us updated on it once you get to try it out. :)

coinnut
01-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Yea, saw that before and it looks like a great idea. I think you have to have the E Trac coil cover on also, to make it fit. Is that correct? I need one of those for sure lol Now if someone has another one to cut and fit on top, that would make it complete.

Jason in Enid
01-28-2010, 11:20 PM
It does look like the original cover is on there also. When mine gets here, I'll post and let everyone know how well it works.

MT
01-28-2010, 11:35 PM
I tried it months ago...It's really heavy for what it is.
HH,
MT

Jason in Enid
01-29-2010, 09:21 AM
If it keeps me from hanging up in wheat and corn stubble, and lets me get closer to the ground, I think the slight addition of weight is worth it.

coinnut
01-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Weight it always a consideration, but it's worth it for some things. I think I hurt more from getting caught on downed branches and stubble then I do from swinging all day. That cover would be really important for the type of hunting I do. I also added extra weight by putting the Sunray probe on. Can't live without that either lol I think the weight can somewhat be more balanced a bit, by re-adjusting the shaft length to it's proper balance point. Sometimes, just a slight adjustment makes a world of difference on the old arm and shoulder :rolleyes: