PDA

View Full Version : Last Hole

Ill Digger
10-06-2011, 06:39 PM
After running around and taking care of errens this morning I got a chance to get out for a couple of hours before I had to take my son to the dentist. Knowing I only had a short time to hunt I decided to go to a friends house here in town. I've been to his place about 3 or 4 times before. Today after about the first hour and only 4 or 5 signals I decided to check the side yard. I've only made a couple of passes through this part of the yard in all the trips there. So I figured I'd check it before having to leave. I got my reminder call from mama saying that I had to leave soon. I told her I'm heading for the truck now. Just as I hang up I get this weird signal on the E-Trac :eyebrow: :confused: It was jumping from a foil-ish signal all the way to a half dollar reading :confused: :dontknow: I told myself &quot:daydream:beatdown:. Last hole then I gotta run! So I cut my plug flipped it over and the rest is kind of a blur :shocked01: :twirlingeyes: :drool: I remember seeing a silver half first and then some smaller silvers rolling around in the hole :twirlingeyes: :drool: :shocked04: As I would pull one out there was another underneath of it and another and another... <: :happydance01: happydance02
After the Pro Pointer finally went silent I had 2 Walking Liberty half dollars, 2 Washington quarters, 3 Merc dimes,1 buffallo and 1 Jefferson nickles and a lone wheat! :shocked04: I was just in shock! I ran to the truck to get the camera....and I left it at home :rolleyes: 8/ So I through everything in my digging towel and home and off to the dentist!
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0936.jpg

Here's some more pics thumbsup01
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0937.jpg

Here's a couple before cleaning.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0938.jpg
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0939.jpg

The after cleaning pics :smitten:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0940.jpg
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0941.jpg

Now that was a fun last hole!! :yes: thumbsup01 <:
Thanks for lookin & HH everyone!! :grin:

pulltabsteve
10-06-2011, 07:10 PM
AWESOME SCORE TIM!!!! :peace: happydance02 :happydance01: <: :clapping: That LAST hole sure was a winner!!! :perfect10: Big congrats

del
10-06-2011, 07:23 PM
:omg: thats quite a pocket spill of silver Tim :perfect10: |:cheering: :happydance01:

Full Metal Digger
10-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Wow Tim! I got your text and the suspense was killing me all afternoon. That is definitely a dream find. Sounds like those nickels really bring the signal down even with 2 halves in the hole! Congrats my friend. The picture of you holding them all in your hand reminded me of one of Angel's pics after a good day hunting, except you got all yours in one hole! I think that's the biggest silver spill I've seen in a long time on these forums. Best wishes and HH, Dave.

skribnod
10-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Sweet job! :shocked03: Yet to find my own walker, keep up the silver fishing and hope all went well at the dentist.

CyberSage
10-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Well, That's just about as good as it gets Tim. :omg: The stuff dreams are made out my friend... The stuff dreams are made of. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :) That's just awesome dude. That would be a tough signal for most detectors. Good job at making the decision to dig.

Jack

Tony Two-Cent
10-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Now that's a jaw dropping spill, Tim! WOW! |:confused:)

The newest coin appears to be from 1948 so I'd say those coins were dropped right about then. That's one of the biggest spills I've seen, and how awesome that it contained two Walking Liberty Halves! I love the photos! I'm glad you took several before you cleaned the coins, it's great to see how the coins were laying on top of each other!

Congrats on the incredible last hole! It finds like this that keep us all inspired!

:perfect10:

skribnodsister
10-06-2011, 07:54 PM
WOW, WOW-thats just awesome! Congrats on the pocket spill. :omg: :wow:

milco
10-06-2011, 08:11 PM
I knew it was going to be good when I saw your text msg, but wow and double WOW!! Congrats on an amazing spill. Thanks for posting all of the pictures!

li tom
10-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Sweet!Congrats on a great coin spill. :clapping:

Fire Fighter 43
10-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Congrats Tim!! That's not a pocket spill that's some child's buried treasure. What a great find.

Spike
10-06-2011, 09:13 PM
:envious: :envious: :omg: :wow: I think I would have :stretcher:

jkress
10-06-2011, 10:13 PM
:perfect10: <: :perfect10:
You have been finding some seriously nice coin spills this year. I don't think I've seen a better silver spill than this one. :clapping:
Holes like this are what we all dream of finding. :drool: It just doesn't get much better.
Congratulations Tim. |:confused:)

JTGOLD
10-06-2011, 10:20 PM
thats one awsome dig,wtg on all that silver.

Epi-hunter
10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
That is beyond incredible :perfect10: :omg:

Congrats Tim <: That is the silver coin spill that is beyond anyone's dreams :perfect10:

Cheap Thrills
10-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Well I'll be dipped in (censored) !!!That's just incredible Timmy , you must still be light headed from that find !!! Way to go !!! :omg: :wow: :perfect10: :clapping:

:groovy:

randy
10-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Congrats on that buffalo nickel and 48 jefferson, tho they seem a bit abused. Oh, and nice collection of other coins in there as well :poke: Wow, unbelievable :perfect10:

tanacat
10-07-2011, 08:14 AM
:omg: :omg: :omg: Tim I think that's the biggest coin spill I've ever seen!!!

I bet you were so anxious to clean them up and admire them while you were in the dentist chair! lol

Did you tell the dentist about it? :huh: Of course you did rofl

Thanks for the story- I like your details leading up to the last hole. Like we were there with you.

Big time Congrats buddy :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
10-07-2011, 08:38 AM
One heck of a pocket spill there. I probably would have called the dentist and cancelled. Huge congrats on digging that signal.

BillZ
10-07-2011, 08:39 AM
:shocked04:

I'm speechless.
Or at least I would be if I found a spill like that!
That's the mother of all pocket spills!

PL8MAN
10-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Sweet silver !!! Great find :beerbuddy:
Glen

rsarge1
10-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Congrats Tim! very nice finds |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:

firstring
10-07-2011, 10:01 AM
What else can I say, but WOW!! I have 3 brothers and it looks like someone did something like we used to do - turn someone upside down and bounce their head a few times on the grass. Congratulations on the pocket spill recovery. More silver in one hole than I find in a year.

tanacat
10-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I wonder if some sort of pouch deteriorated :thinkingabout:

dave in iowa
10-07-2011, 11:30 AM
aint it great , wonderful spill, i got 2 walkers , 2 mercs ,a buffalo and 3 wheats earlier this year in a spill also 5 keys in the same hole with the coins , makes you wonder how they got lost

Ill Digger
10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone! |:confused:) :embarrassed: :angelic:

Sounds like those nickels really bring the signal down even with 2 halves in the hole!
Thanks Dave! Yeah between the nickles and that piece of ..... :confused: metal? in the hole. I actually think it was trying discriminate it out. And that too was bringing the numbers down.

Sweet job! :shocked03: Yet to find my own walker, keep up the silver fishing and hope all went well at the dentist.
You will :yes: thumbsup01 And yeah everything went alright. Jax had his 2 K9 teeth pulled. But he was a trooper :cool:

That would be a tough signal for most detectors. Good job at making the decision to dig.
Thanks Jack :embarrassed: That means alot |:confused:) The half dollar numbers are the ones that put the brakes on! :huh: :shocked04: :happydance01:

I love the photos! I'm glad you took several before you cleaned the coins, it's great to see how the coins were laying on top of each other!
Thanks alot Tone! I wish I had some even better pics to show. But like I said I left the camera at home :rolleyes: 8/ lol

:perfect10: <: :perfect10:
You have been finding some seriously nice coin spills this year. I don't think I've seen a better silver spill than this one. :clapping:
Holes like this are what we all dream of finding. :drool: It just doesn't get much better.
Congratulations Tim. |:confused:)
Thanks Joe! Your right I have been pretty luck with some nice silver spills this season :dontknow: |:confused:)
Thank goodness. Or else you guys would've left me in the dust :blackeye:

:envious: :envious: :omg: :wow: I think I would have :stretcher:
It was close! lol

That is beyond incredible :perfect10: :omg:

Congrats Tim <: That is the silver coin spill that is beyond anyone's dreams :perfect10:
Thanks Ang...do you mind if I use this? :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: lol

Well I'll be dipped in (censored) !!!That's just incredible Timmy , you must still be light headed from that find !!! Way to go !!! :omg: :wow: :perfect10:
Should I call you Snickers? lol Yeah I'm alittle :twirlingeyes: still lol

I bet you were so anxious to clean them up and admire them while you were in the dentist chair! lol

Did you tell the dentist about it? :huh: Of course you did rofl Actually it was my youngest in the chair not me :yes: But Oh yeah I told him! :yes: rofl And Jax was just about excited as I was :yes: lol

One heck of a pocket spill there. I probably would have called the dentist and cancelled. Huge congrats on digging that signal.
I defiantly had mixed feelings as I hit the power button and headed to the truck :-\ crying01 lol

:shocked04:

I'm speechless.
Or at least I would be if I found a spill like that!
That's the mother of all pocket spills!
Yeah I kinda froze up for a second. :shocked01: Like a deer in the headlights :shocked04:stretcher: lol

Sweet silver !!! Great find :beerbuddy:
Glen

Congrats Tim! very nice finds |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering: |:cheering:
Thanks guys! |:confused:)

What else can I say, but WOW!! I have 3 brothers and it looks like someone did something like we used to do - turn someone upside down and bounce their head a few times on the grass.
So.... I dug up.... a shake down?! rofl
Yeah :dontknow: Maybe lol

I wonder if some sort of pouch deteriorated :thinkingabout:
My buddy thinks that thats what that piece of metal is from. Possibly part of a coin purse :dontknow: But I think I would've found more than just that one piece :confused: :dontknow:

aint it great ...... , makes you wonder how they got lost
Thanks Dave :grin: Yeah! :yes: It's a rush thats for sure :shocked04:stretcher:
Who knows how they ended up laying in that yard for all these years? :dontknow: :confused:

Thanks for all the great comments and responses everybody! |:confused:)
It was definitely a find I won't soon forget! :smitten: :daydream: <:

tanacat
10-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Wow |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) you responded to all your responses! I am so happy for you Tim- what a great find... :shocked04:stretcher:

zrickkid
10-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Nice job Tim!

angellionel
10-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Outstanding silver score, Tim! :clapping: If that sort of find does not get the heart moving, then I don't know what will. lol You will find that coin spills will usually sound off all over the place, inconsistent. It's a good thing you did not ignore the signal. thumbsup01 Congrats!

Dinger51
10-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Watched the Video last night and I just had to see more... Congrats!! <:

Mudder
10-13-2011, 06:53 PM
That is one big sweet pocket spill. Congratulations. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

switch
10-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Holy Mackerel :wow:

Toadman
10-14-2011, 09:44 AM
LOL !! Ya gotta love holes like that !! happydance02 happydance02 :happydance01: <: <: :clapping: |:cheering: |:cheering:

bob_e99
10-14-2011, 10:07 AM
:wow: :wow: :wow:

:shocked03: :shocked03: :shocked03:

I'm just running out of adjectives for all the great finds you folks are posting.

That is for sure, the find found in dreams of most of us. Congrats on a spectacular hunt!