PDA

View Full Version : Part 1 post of a two house hunt (jewelry & coins)

skribnodsister
10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
I've been hunting two house right next to each other about a 1/2 block from my house. Found 4-firsts for me-franklin half dollar, barber quarter, 2 standing liberty quarters, and a large cent. Also found 1-buffalo,2 IH, 4 3/4 silver quarters,1 barber dime,13 mercs,6 rosies,2 shield nickels, 1 v nickels and lots of wheaties. I have to do two posts for this cause i have too many pictures. The next post will be a fob, tokens and misc. Did alot of happy dances in their yards :peace: Donna

Tony Two-Cent
10-06-2011, 07:56 PM
OH MY! :shocked04:

That's an incredible amount of coins and relics from two houses! Wow! They must be pretty old homes. How long have you been hunting these properties? Look at all of that silver! Amazing variety of coins!

That had to be tons of fun finding all of that ! :happydance01:

skribnodsister
10-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Tony, the houses date back to about the 1850's i've been hunting them for a while now, an hour here an hour there.I walk down to them after work. The one house use to have a horse stable and the other a barn or shed but its all through the back yards which makes it difficult to hunt but each time i go back i find something new. Donna

milco
10-06-2011, 09:26 PM
WOW, that is some amazing stuff from two yards that obviously have not seen a detector before. WTG on all that great stuf and the silver is amazing!

jkress
10-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Wow... I know you have been making some great finds in those yards, but I had no idea it was to this extent. :peace:
A big congrats to you Donna. If memory serves me correctly... this is your first year detecting, right? :shocked04:
You've got a very impressive collection going. keep it up.

JTGOLD
10-06-2011, 10:27 PM
very nice silver finds and the others are nice to,hunt thoes houses again,keep up the good finds Donna.

skribnodsister
10-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Thanks everybody, this is actually my first year getting out there and hunting thanks to jr. I had an older metal detector i bought about ten years ago and i guess you could say i was too shy to be seen out in public with it. Then jr got a new metal detector and i went out with him and he was finding stuff where i had already detected and he said time to upgrade so i decided to go with the whites mxt pro with a dd 4x6 coil-love,love, love it :smitten: I think it was the perfect metal detector for me. I guess you can say i'm over the shyness now, cause once you make those first finds thats all it takes.

randy
10-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Wow, thats alot of silver and other good stuff. Congrats.

Sal66
10-07-2011, 07:13 AM
:perfect10: Wow! Talk about silver city. I hate the Standing Libertys. The date wore too easily. The Shield nickels are a favorite of mine, But is it possible too retain the nickel finish? I just leave them brown cuz I tried to clean one once and lost the date ( 1876 ). I put it back in the ground for a few years and it actually got better, brown but better detail. I'll post more when I see part 2. Nice going so far. :)

tanacat
10-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks everybody, this is actually my first year getting out there and hunting thanks to jr. I had an older metal detector i bought about ten years ago and i guess you could say i was too shy to be seen out in public with it. Then jr got a new metal detector and i went out with him and he was finding stuff where i had already detected and he said time to upgrade so i decided to go with the whites mxt pro with a dd 4x6 coil-love,love, love it :smitten: I think it was the perfect metal detector for me. I guess you can say i'm over the shyness now, cause once you make those first finds thats all it takes.

What a honey hole!!! :clapping: I love the variety... congrats on all your great finds!

Isn't silver wonderful :smitten: Hey can you share a pic of the house next time you go?

I can totally relate to the shyness and how you get over it after a while. I still hate the looks from some people like get a life (usually teenagers or sorority girls for me lol) or people offering me change thinking I'm poor and hungry. Although I still go to places where noone can see me--- if it's raining or snowing... rofl I admit I get the fever in extreme conditions sometimes :cheesysmile:

aloldstuff
10-07-2011, 08:21 AM
First off, do you need a parnter? WOW what a great mix of coins. And its within walking distance. Those two houses would make my year, now about needing a partner. Huge congrats on your hunts.

bob_e99
10-07-2011, 05:53 PM
:shocked03: :shocked03: :shocked03:

:omg: :omg: :omg:

Without doubt, a spectacular site with awesome, awesome finds. I am speechless!

|:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)

Spike
10-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Sooo these houses are where adress is required to post here rofl rofl rofl AMAZING hunt :envious: :envious: look forward to all the posts to come thumbsup01