PDA

View Full Version : part 2 post of two house hunt (tokens and misc)

skribnodsister
10-06-2011, 08:24 PM
This is part 2 of my two house hunt,I found an 1889 worlds fair watch fob (found another exact one last night hunting with my brother about 10 miles away from where i found this one) an 1833-1933 token,1906 40th annual encampment token,1936 1 reichspfenning, 1864 civil war token and misc. items. Thanks for looking. Donna

JTGOLD
10-06-2011, 10:36 PM
lot of neat finds,I like that fob,good find,wtg.

jkress
10-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Fantastic relics! <: These are always the one of the best things about digging yards.
I think the 1833-1933 is a token from the Chicago Worlds Fair in 1933/4. 'A Century of Progess' was the motto.
Congrats Donna and thanks for posting these finds.

Tony Two-Cent
10-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Those are some great relics! I love the old watch fob, the World's Fair coin, and the civil war token!

Those are some dream yards you're hunting there! :wow:

Sal66
10-07-2011, 07:33 AM
:perfect10: Nice finds again! The Watch fob is really nice, such detail. Are the Nazi Coins worth much? I know thatother Nazi items are worth alot like helmets and other large items. I never looked up the coins though. My sister has coins my Uncle brought back from several countries during the war but I don't remember any having the symbol on them. Isn't strange how the symbol used to be a symbol of good luck until the Nazi's corrupted it into something bad?
Anyway enjoyed all your finds!! :)

tanacat
10-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Wow, I love the FOB :clapping: Lots of great stuff. Do you have display cases to put them in? I bet your whole collection is fabulous...

aloldstuff
10-07-2011, 08:35 AM
You have definately hit the honey hole. Some great finds there, is that possibley a silver handle in your first picture? Congrats and please keep in mind that I am always available to hunt with you. LOL

Ill Digger
10-07-2011, 01:31 PM
:shocked04: Between these two post my head is spinnin!!! :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes:
I don't even know were to start :confused: lol
Lots of great old coins, nice jewelry pieces, old relics, and tokens....A little bit of everything! Wow! :drool:
Congrats :grin:

skribnodsister
10-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks everyone! I sure had a great time finding all those things.

You have definately hit the honey hole. Some great finds there, is that possibley a silver handle in your first picture? Congrats and please keep in mind that I am always available to hunt with you. LOL
Is this the one your talking about? Any clue to what it is? I think it might be the handle to a fireplace poker or something. It looks like a ball with an eagle claw.

aloldstuff
10-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks everyone! I sure had a great time finding all those things. Is this the one your talking about? Any clue to what it is? I think it might be the handle to a fireplace poker or something. It looks like a ball with an eagle claw.

I am leaning towards a parasal or umbrella handle

mcdoogal
10-09-2011, 09:17 AM
That ball and claw thing is a handel to a dagger. Had one as a kid. They were sold all over the us in the late 60s to mid 70s. They even made that dagger design in red rubber for toys.