PDA

View Full Version : Camp Trenton

Civil War Nut
10-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Hidy to all . Went to Trenton to see if the farmers were getting the beans off my hunting spots . On the way back out of town I could see dust where Camp Trenton was supposed to be near . So I went to one of the fields that was near the Railroad . The first picture with the tree is where I found all this stuff about 30 yards from the tracks . Dont know what the old cross is for it is made of lead , The button ant enough to tell the time period , a half of something brass , the bottom left cleaned up like pure silver , 1849 large cent , and my first 1852 silver three cent piece . I kind-of liked that . Wanted to do the little dance ,but yall wont show me how to do it right . Good luck to all . I didnt clean the silver up like always because the next time my hunting buddy wants to go hunting with me , I am going to take the 1853 , 2-1/2 dollar gold piece ,the 1849 penny , and the 1852 three cent piece with me and pull a good one on him , I just love messing with his brain . Ever time I do that he is ready to go home Ha .

jkress
10-07-2011, 12:06 AM
<: Awesome recoveries CWN. :clapping:
Interesting group of relics. But, the LC and ESPECIALLY the Three Cent piece are fantastic finds. <:
The 1852 is in great shape. Definitely a spectacular one to add to your impressive collection.
Nicely done sir. :yes: Great pictures too.

Ill Digger
10-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Hidy to you! :shocked04:
For a relic hunter you sure do find some dandy coins along the way!! :yes: :drool: lol
The LC is a great find by it's self. But that 3ยข piece is soo cool!!
I hope I'm lucky enough to find one of those little guys one of these days! :daydream: :drool:
Way to keep your eyes open too thumbsup01 The crops are comin' out around here too :yes:
Congrats on some great finds! :grin:

del
10-07-2011, 02:27 AM
great finds CWN :cheering: :cheering: i think you found a nice little hot spot , i'd keep working it good . congrats on your first trime :perfect10: its a beauty

randy
10-07-2011, 06:11 AM
That's a beautiful 3c piece, congrats.

tanacat
10-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Wow... :envious: you done good CWN :yes: :clapping: That one's definately on my wish list. Congrats on the LC too!

Wanted to do the little dance ,but yall wont show me how to do it right .

This is how you do the happy dance :happydance01: or maybe like this happydance02 or even this <:

Wait a minute, you've had some practice... we have a pic to prove it- when you found that silver dollar and gold ring lol

Sal66
10-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Hey those are some nice finds there! You found something else Holy besides the Cross, The large cent. I have a 1856 3center. It was a strange find, I thought it was a tiny button at first until I saw it better in the sunlight. Such a thin little sucker. It amazing how they retain their detail.

Here's some amazing facts about the 3 center silver : They were used to pay for a stamp. The 3 cent piece was a legal tender coin. The One Cent wasn't legal tender until 1864 under the Legal Tender Act of 1864. Another thing, who would want to pay with a higher silver piece to only be paid back in Copper Cents. Also, the Nickel wasn't made until 1866. Even then the 5 cent stamp was used for overseas mailing ( 3 cents for domestic plus 2 cents for ship to shore fee).

Happy hunting :)

Bell-Two
10-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Fantastic finds, I would have loved to have seen that Three center come out of the ground. Looking forward to more of your posts.

angellionel
10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Great finds, CWN. I love that three-cent piece. :loveit:

Toadman
10-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Any place with a trime is AWESOME !! <: <: <: <: <: