PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

CODY
10-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi guys. Been detecting since May. Have found 14 silvers, lots of clad. One gold wedding band that was returned to owner. Tokens and other interesting things. Just wanted to say hello. I am also going to try to include a picture of an item I found the other day. I have no idea. I put the penny in just for scale. It is smooth on the back and appears to be made of copper.

Ill Digger
10-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey Cody!! :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois!! :grin:
Sounds like your off and runnin' in this great addiction hobby! thumbsup01

CODY
10-07-2011, 03:46 PM
You were right with the word addiction. The second signal I dug after getting my detector was a 1917-D Mercury dime. Was like taking drugs!!!! Got to have MORE!!!!!

pulltabsteve
10-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Welcome Cody! 14 silvers since May happydance02 You're hooked!!! Dont forget to enter the new contest in the forum contest thread. :groovy:

randy
10-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. The second signal I dug was a piece of copper pipe. Its all uphill from there, welcome and good luck -- lots of smart people here to learn from.

Epi-hunter
10-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi Cody and welcome to the forum! Yes, it is definitely addicting :yes: Looking forward to seeing your posts!

del
10-07-2011, 06:21 PM
hello Cody , welcome to the forum . from your finds you mention if you do any better your gonna make us all look bad lol lol congrats on the success your having :clapping: :clapping:

Dan

your pictures item looks like a button but without a picture of the back its really hard to tell , generally the back of a button tells more about it than the front .

OxShoeDrew
10-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Cody, impressive silver haul in a short time. Keep it up, and welcome from northeast CT

aloldstuff
10-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Cody, welcome from western ma and the addiction. Glad to see that you are pulling the silvers. I know what you mean about your experience with that 17d merc. My first week I dug a 1775 1/2 reale, thought I was rich. Your pictured item reminds me of the design on the very early MA coins, oak tree, pine tree.

CODY
10-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Hello
Thought I would post a picture of the back of the item. Had put it on the Whats It page also. Don't mean to double dip, but thought someone might know what it is. Also its not magnetic. Thanks

Jeff (or)
10-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi Cody! Sounds like you are doing great with your finds, Welcome!! :cool:

Mudder
10-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Cody, Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have already made a good start and addiction is a very good word for the hobby. I started the same time that you did, and my first find was a SLQ, and I have been hooked ever since. Haven't found nearly as much silver :crying02: but I've had fun. thumbsup01

jkress
10-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist Cody. It's great to have you hear with us. :clapping:
You are off to a great start to a very addicting hobby. lol